Crypto Sold my house and put it all into bitcoin.

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Laker, 7th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

For those that immediately discard the notion I challenge you to do a little bit of research on it. You would be amazed what is happening within the space. The blockchain space is an absolute juggernaut. If you stick your head in the sand you will miss a lot of opportunities that comes from this decentralised movement.

Laker likes this.
  2. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

btw, you only into btc or did you put any into the other alts?

3. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

I salute you both... Im thinking of doing the same now haha... Doing it now while its coming out of a bear market is better than doing it at the peak of the bull run!

GoldCoastBound, BunnyXiao and Laker like this.
  4. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Sorry but im gonna have to interject. I do not like going to bed knowing that someone is following my comments.
    I am not telling you what to do to invest. I am just saying what I believe in and have done.
    Bitcoin is not for the rookies, the naive or the feint of heart. If you do not understand it you will get burnt badly. Before as you say 'doing the same' I would seriously suggest education if this is all new.
    If you do know what you are doing then by all means, go for it.

Laker likes this.
  5. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

And your comment about coming out of a bear. How do you know we are coming out? What makes you think that? For all we know, we could still be in crypto winter and this is just a pump fake. It can just as easily slide back down 50% + from here.

iloveqld and Laker like this.
  6. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

Well I didn't mean it literally... yes we haven't come out of this bear until we at least see a higher high and higher low, as we've been in this bear channel since June 2019...

Ive been following btc since 2018. 50% hodling and 50% trading... I've seen many highs and lows and understand the risks... Relax my comment was all in jest, you can sleep easy now :)

7. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

I will take some profits along the way but it is for the long term. I know there are a lot of people who bought 2017 and are still down 90%. But this is because IMO all other of the coins you would of bought are no good and have no future long term. If you had of just bought bitcoin you would be a lot better off. At current bitcoin price there is only around a month window you could of bought and not currently be in profit!

8. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Nice work! Yeah I definitely see it as the future. The new generation of investors will not be buying gold or probably very few stocks also. When you actually use bitcoin and send it to someone on the other side of the world it is amazing! Knowing that nobody can stop the transaction and the fees are minuscule compared to international bank transfers. Good luck!

9. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

99% bitcoin with 1%digibyte. I think 99% of the others are really just scams. There are some good projects but most really don’t need a token to operate.

10. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

I think it is definetly best to buy sometime this year. I think we’re in the early stages of a new bull market but don’t expect major moves till next year. You never know with bitcoin though

11. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

All good mate. Glad to see you follow this space and aren't just gambling. Apologies if I came across blunt. Most drink from the coolaid and blindly deep dive into cryptos without any understanding. You can't get any sense into them unless you talk to them in a hardass manner. If too soft most often than naught they end up dismissing your advise and lose the shirts off their backs.

12. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Interesting you chose digibyte. Any particular reasons why? Congrats on the pump. Hope you bought in prior to the liftoff.
    Any particular other alts / stealth projects on your radar?

13. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

No mate. Like I said I think majority are just scams and don’t waste my time with them anymore. It’s just bitcoin for me. Reason I chose digibyte is that in my opinion it is the next best POW project out there and developed a lot of the tech that is used in other better known projects. Their multi algo approach to mining I think makes a lot of sense. I have been invested in dgb for a few years now but yes I did just by some more around feb and hadn’t checked it till the other day and it was 300% up!
    How about yourself? What do you invest in?

14. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Am becoming more a bitcoin maximallist like yourself. Did the whole ico, ieo, ido thing and did great. Still am tied into a few projects. But slowly will hodl into btc as they become liquid. Honestly went into too many to keep track of.
    Only other alt that excites me enough to keep tabs on is eth 2.0. Apart from that i do gamble a little into random alts to try and catch a pump.

BunnyXiao and Laker like this.
  15. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Plan is to grow btc stack and next bull hold btc as it front runs then do rolling switches into alts as new money flows into the major coins.

Laker likes this.
  16. whiteknight

whiteknight Well-Known Member

I have some with Crypto.com earning me 8% ;)

GoldCoastBound likes this.
  17. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Im too worried of hacks to leave on exchanges.

18. Laker

Laker Well-Known Member

Yes this is a definite risk. Only reason I went with blockfi is that they use Gemini as custodians who are insured. Funds are kept in cold storage. This is just a portion of my bitcoin also. The rest I have in cold storage.

19. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

What about non-custodial options?

20. robbie_p

robbie_p Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

Glad to see a post like this on this forum. In mid 2018 I sold my Sydney IP and used the cash to settled all my debts, credit and a very large portion of that went into Bitcoin. Im very happy with my BTC holdings and how its performed.

When looking at my average BTC purchase price, I'm already up 50% and i feel that BTC hasnt even warmed up yet. I too believe whole heatedly in the technology and feel the current global market conditions are a perfect environment for BTC to thrive and grow. It was after the 2008 recession that BTC was born, particularly due to the lack of faith in the financial systems, which seems to be failing again.

In terms of the alts i currently hold, I am also a big believer in EOS and have been part of the community for a very long time, used their dapps. I'm an IT professional and have been VERY impressed with the performance of the EOS blockchain, which i personally dont think any other blockchain comes close to (in terms of speed, performance, transaction processing, fees etc).

In terms of my holdings, I see my BTC and my digital gold and EOS as my blockchain operating system (i guess compared to the Microsoft of the Blockchain world).

Well thought i would add in my 2 c (sorry 2 satoshi's lol)

Last edited: 11th May, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.