Solar Panels Again

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 1st Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Got it, don't feed the trolls. Especially not with grain.

Propagate and Lizzie like this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Some people are saying that grain is bad. So it's down to fruit and veggies only I guess.

spludgey likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So say you are a vegan and you have pets do you feed them meat products???
    Is there an alternative

Imagine being a vegan and feeding your dogs meat??? Head ****

Last edited by a moderator: 2nd Dec, 2019
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I hear the diary industry is dying
    Big business killing it and the x y z mob are into oat, almond milk

I am still full cream diary

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Full cream all they way!

MTR likes this.
  6. geoffw

The diary industry is almost dead. People use calendars on smartphones instead of diaries these days ;-)

The dairy industry is another story.

7. geoffw

Full cream all the whey!

Dan Donoghue, Lizzie and MTR like this.
  8. hdb

hdb Active Member

9. Kelvin Cunnington

Kelvin Cunnington Well-Known Member

This is sad news for them, and is intriguing; we currently have Chinese companies trying to buy our dairy industry here in Australia. If the trend is away from milk, why would they want to buy ours?

10. Kelvin Cunnington

If you could look at that graph in its entirety before 1880, you will see the temperature is steadily rising for a period too - there were no cars, planes, ships, coal fired power stations, a lot less industry and a lot less humans as well.
    And, if you look closer at the trend, we can see a significant drop from 1900-1910. What caused that?
    And, then you have another significant drop from approximately 1942 through to approx 1977 - despite the Post War Economic Boom and enormous expansion of human population. What caused that? It completely goes against what we are told about everything to do with causation of global warming and climate change.
    Can anyone explain the cause of these two prolonged periods of significant drops in temperatures over these two periods?
    And; conversely, can anyone explain the sudden spike in temperatures from 1938-1942, and why they then immediately reversed trend and suddenly dropped again?

11. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

In a lot of your posts you say you like to research and question things, I recommend you do the same for veganism. Livestock mates as we force them to, no food meat, no mating, they exist because we have bread them into existence to serve us.

We already produce enough food for 10 billion people, it's just most of it goes to feed animals which we then eat and a massive amount simply gets wasted. Amazon rain forests are being cleared at a shocking rate, mainly for cattle grazing. The numbers are mind boggling.

We kill for food, 72 BILLION land animals PER YEAR. That's just insane. If you count seafood it's in the trillions. That just boggles my mind.

I cant be bothered looking for links, they're out there if you want to look, but we could feed more people on less land if we collectively stop using animal for food than the current system. The conversion rates are shocking, lets not even mention water. We're approaching a time when wars will be fought for water not oil. The average beef burger takes 660 gallons of water to produce, that's just insane. To make a burger, first you need 660 gallons of water ...

I was a meat & dairy eating machine until aged 42, I have no idea what changed, lots of small things I think, but it got to the point (after a LOT of research), where the only reason left to eat meat & dairy was for the taste. At that point then I couldn't keep going in good conscience knowing the impact it has on the planet, my health and not to mention the abject horror the animals go through. Do not kid yourselves there's anything ethical about the way animal are raised and butchered. If anyone is genuinely interested and believes "but Australia is different", then watch Dominion before posting another comment and see how you go.

Approaching 3 years vegan now, I have never looked back, and I love food. I'm healthier, happier and enjoy my food more than ever. I get my bloods taken very year and they just keep getting better.

These threads never end well, and most people will read my post as being another leftie, greenie, tree hugger living on bland lentils every day. That's fine, I was exactly the same three years ago, but the more it's discussed the more people might at least do a little research before parroting the same stereotypical views of veganism & vegetarians that have no basis in fact.

ALT and wylie like this.
  12. Kelvin Cunnington

Nobody wants to address this part though.

Lizzie likes this.
  13. Propagate

It's hilarious if it wasn't true, but almost all of the anti-vegan trotted out reasons as to why it's no good, doesn't work, no better for the planet etc have been touched on in this thread alone.

There's not a chance, even, in any scenario that the world would go vegan overnight so the arguments about "slaughtering all the animal to get rid of them" are completely moot.

As less people eat meat, less farmed animals would be bread into existence, simple supply and demand, nothing more. By the time the demand dropped off the animals would have been stopped being bread in the first place, we won't suddenly have billions of cattle that need to be disposed of, they simply would not have existed

Modern farmed animals are a human creation, cows, pigs & chickens that we bread for food toady are so far removed form their natural ancestors it's not even funny.

Please do not take my above posts wrong the wrong way, I really DO NOT CARE who eats meat and dairy, your reasons to or not to, I spent 95% pf my life the same, what does **** me though is the constant parroting of complete ********. The information is all out there, do some Googling, many times the phrase "you don;t know what you don't know" is used on this forum with regard to property it's no different to anything else. We all think we know certain things as facts without knowing why we think we know them, but sometimes when you actually step back and think about why you think you know these things the world becomes a vert different place.

Last edited: 3rd Dec, 2019
    Dan Donoghue and wylie like this.
  14. Kelvin Cunnington

What amazes me (and annoys me) is that we have vast expanses of uninhabited (and generally uninhabitable) areas in the centre of Australia, yet I see no vision or plans to try and set up systems to irrigate and cultivate them by anyone.
    All I ever see is dramatic attempts to stop any sort of expansion into wilderness areas, stop dams, stop rivers being accessed for farming, stop land being used for future farming expansion.
    The two belief systems dont match up - we have a strong push away from meat and other non-vegetable forms of food now, in favour of vegetables and other sources, but also a strong push to stop opening up areas to facilitate any of the food sources on either side.

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just a side note, anyone watch this doco...? Worth watching

Propagate likes this.
  16. Kelvin Cunnington

Not that surprising really.
    If you strip every aspect of modern life away from humans, and put them back into the most basic existence possible, and told them to go and find food, the diet would consist of -
    gathering fruits and vegetables,
    water,
    maybe catching the very occasional animals or insects. Without weapons though; catching and killing anything of significance would be very rare.

MTR and Propagate like this.
  17. Propagate

There's a great quote in it from Patrik Boubamain (holds the world record for most weight carried by human), and he's been vegan for donkeys years:-

“Someone asked me, ‘How could you get as strong as an ox without eating any meat?’ And my answer was, ‘Have you ever seen an ox eat meat?’”

Kelvin Cunnington and MTR like this.
  18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Both my daughters have gut issues, they basically have plant based diet to manage this and of course no diary

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes love this, on the trailer above

20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Tempting - but then I love my cheese way (or whey) to much ... and wine ... how does one find vegan wine when the vast majority are refined using milk or egg?

Kelvin Cunnington likes this.