Sofas

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by fantail, 22nd Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fantail

fantail Well-Known Member

I've been looking online and tramping through furniture showrooms in search of new sofas for our PPOR and running into problems.
    We want a quality sofa, not too chunky and think that the ones with adjustable headrests would suit both our needs. We can find those, but the major furniture sellers say we'll have to wait 10-12 weeks as they import.
    I've looked on ebay, Gumtree, Johnny's furniture in Dandenong and went out today on a major freeway trek to a retailer I found online - had high hopes but sofas weren't comfortable and not what we want so have decided I don't want to buy anything I can't sit on before buying.

Can anyone recommend a Melbourne-based retailer who actually carries stock for delivery or who has a warehouse with available stock? I'm in the eastern suburbs but am happy to travel to get something good.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

So far so good

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We have leather Nick Scali sofas "Atrium" with adjustable armrests and headrests. We've had more sofas than hot dinners and our kids tease us, but these are the most comfy ones we've had. I think you can still get this (or similar) style, and not just in leather.

This is the style we have -

Nick Scali Atrium Sofa in Orange

4. fantail

Thanks Wylie. I've been to Nick Scali and like a couple of their sofas but they say I'll have to wait for 10-12 weeks as they apparently don't have stock sitting in a warehouse and don't sell off the floor either, even though they're currently advertising a Garage Sale (clearance) which I assumed means 'get it now'. :mad:

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Now a recall we waited several weeks for ours. But once we knew we found them comfortable, we bought two more for our TV room from ebay... no waiting that time.

Would you look at second hand?

6. fantail

I'd be prepared to consider second hand but I imagine it'd be quite difficult to find something to fit the bill - Mr. Fantail is tall so wants high back while I'm short and high backed sofas pitch my head forward.:( The sofas with those adjustable headrests are a great compromise in our situation.
    The Nick Scali ones we like are Bambino fabric modular with flick-up headrests, Karima and Emery sofa not modular.

7. fantail

The Karima and Emery don't have adjustable headrests but are recliners so you can lie right back on them - I feel like I'm in heaven :cool: :D and Mr. Fantail likes them too. If I could find these secondhand I'd buy them pronto. Instead of trawling through ebay and gumtree, perhaps I'll short-circuit by asking Dr. Google to find some ;)

8. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

You can't beat leather...must be highest grade; costs more now, but....

Lasts for years, and years and years.

Gumtree and EBay if you want it immediately, or wait months for anything new from a retailer.

9. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

go to click on furniture in collingwood. If you really want quality - get "king furniture"

10. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I have King lounges and could not go back to any other. They are so soft and comfy. The leather is top quality. They are expensive but they last. I bought Jasper with the timber shelf arms.

SeafordSunshine likes this.