So much to learn :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by A&J, 23rd Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. A&J

A&J Member

Hi guys & girls, I'm Anthony. I recently joined the other site (Somersoft) but towards the end of it all. So now here.

A bit about my self so far...

During my 20s always seemed to have worked hard (average income) but never really getting any where $$$ wise. Mid 30s put all my eggs in one basket & joined the ranks of chasing that mining dream. Long story short it paid off & now working FT for one of Aust biggest companies & actually do love the FIFO life despite the pros & cons of it all, though I do have my plans of not doing it for ever.

Living well within my means, no flashy car or toys or paying huge money on rents or even O/S holidays etc, been saving hard for the past 2 years which will see me have $100g by years end (also debt free). Newly engaged so hope to join the property investment game with my wife to be by my side so that we can have that control to do what we want when & where in the future.

I've been reading those books from Michael Yardney & Dymphna to listening to pod casts just trying to learn as much as I can. Though I am aware of information over load as well.

Currently in Perth at the moment though we are moving to Vic early Jan 2016 to be closer to my son (from a previous relationship) to either buy a PPR or do we get a investment & rent, Arggggg lol

Look forward to learning more & even may ask silly questions at times lol...

Last edited: 23rd Jul, 2015
    KDP likes this.
  2. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Welcome Anthony!

3. Arnel

Arnel Well-Known Member

Welcome Mate :)

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Hey Anthony. Good to have you here. You are primed to make some great investment progress with nearly 6 figures in the bank and a FIFO income.

Keep reading and ask as many questions as you can. It's a great way to learn.

Leaning towards PPOR or investment as your first?

5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Great to see someone making FIFO working for them - I often go up to Port Hedland and see so many people trapped by their high incomes (and corresponding high debt!)

Good work :)