SMSF - EOFY reporting and details (value of shares and each ETF required)

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by KayTea, 10th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

I've finally gotten around to pulling together all the various details to send off to the accountant, and am being asked to provide the details for (1) the total value of the shares portfolio, and (2) the value of each fund (ETF) holding, as at 30 June 2018.

I use Sharesight to track my portfolio, and the St George Direct Shares platform to trade with, however I can't seem to find how to find those details through either application (ie. the exact values as at EOFY). I've checked the various report options etc, but can't seem to get this specific information.

Is anyone able to help me work out how to get this information? TIA.

2. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

I use quicken or reckon or what ever it’s called these days and update share prices at the end of each day. From there I can generate reports with share prices on any given day. The more manual way is to find a copy of the fin review (probably other major papers) for first business day of July - it will have the closing price of all shares for the previous day. If you only have a few ETF’s or shares you could try their share registries.

3. Cadbury99

Cadbury99 Well-Known Member

Fairly straight forward in Sharesight.

Report “Performance Report”
    Set the reporting range to last financial year.
    The value column is the value on close on 30th June.

4. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Thanks so much - it worked a treat
    ks

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Wow - old fashioned accounting for a SMSF. Our SMSF software links to the broker accounts / transactions / registries and updates daily and even handles the corporate actions seamlessly (surprising how often these pop up). We only need to revalue by exception ie property, some unlisted, US listed shares etc and they are also in the database. All AU listed and many unlisted securities just revalue. Even the audit is easier as the auditor can run a registry exceptions report and see all shares agree with registry.

I use a (live / overnight) daily data feed with the broker and banks and often dont even need statements etc. All or at least most investment income, sales, purchases are pretty much automated.

KayTea likes this.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Both Class and BGL 360 Do that.

Cheers Ivan