SMSF commercial loans?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by mini2, 29th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

Are there anyone out there that will do beyond 15 years terms P&I (seems to be the normal for ~15 years) and at around 70% LVR? Going to be rented out in the short term then further down the track, our own going concern will occupy it.

Looking at one of those office/warehouse combo (+1 need the office space and I want the warehouse).

Thanks in advance :)

2. Shahin_Afarin

Shahin_Afarin Residential and Commercial Broker Business Member

Think Tank will do max 30 years and 75% LVR if repayments are P&I. Interest rate circa 6.95%.

Liberty will do 30 years as well and max LVR of 75% w rates starting at 5.55% and scale up depending on a couple of things.

My biggest concern though with what you have stated above is the short term rental. If the lease if under one year or expired then lenders won't take the income into consideration for servicing.

3. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

My short term is around 2-3 years, will Tank and Liberty take that into consideration for servicing?

4. Shahin_Afarin

Whats the lease agreement? Is it month to month or does it have a term remaining?

5. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

Current till December 2019 with at least one more option of 3 years.

6. Shahin_Afarin

Then you are fine.

7. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Think Tank up at 7.35% for a 75% lvr P & I. 6.95% capped lvr at 70%.

Couple of new Private lenders who are still fairly sharp on the Com SMSF front.

Cheers

8. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Hi Mini

You can look at La Trobe which has 25 years. Their rate is generally 6.99% but currently their site is showing up as 5.99%. Lenders like NAB and CBA will only lend for lease term or with CBA 75% of lease term.

Cheers Ivan

9. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

I assume when borrowing at 7.35% with a 75% LVR, the rather strict resi policies around servicability do not apply.

10. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

I would assume it all comes down to the lease and how strong is the business that is the tenant.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia