Smoke Alarm maintenance services

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by ozzyt, 26th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ozzyt

ozzyt Member

Hi guys,

Looking for recommendations for a smoke alarm maintenance service provider for a self managed rental property in Geelong.

There are a few providers out there that i've looked at that look great on paper (Smoke Alarm Solutions, Smoke Alarms Australia) however i'm not getting a lot of confidence from the online reviews i've seen.

Any first hand experience with either of these and/or other recommendations please?

Thanks
    Trent

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Self-managing? Or just go with your agent's recommendation.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We have used Smoke Alarm Solutions in Brisbane for quite a few years now, and I'm very happy with them. They are responsive to emails and calls, and have a few times checked alarms three times in a year (due to tenant changeover etc).

ozzyt likes this.
  4. SarahD

SarahD Well-Known Member

I have used both as a property manager, Smoke Alarm Solutions is by far the better option. They have been excellent when I have used them in VIC and the ACT. No matter what state I am in, I deal with the same people on the phone and I've had no issues.

Problem with online reviews for these places is they are often listed by tenants who will have not opened or acknowledged the letter, email or text sent by their PM or the smoke alarm company and then jump up and down and put bad reviews online. Often these reviews are written without actually understanding what they are talking about!! :)

ozzyt likes this.
  5. ozzyt

ozzyt Member

Thanks wylie and SarahD, I've gone with Smoke Alarm Solutions

SarahD likes this.