Smats annual budget review

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Dean Collins, 9th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

I was at the New York version of this talk last night - Australian Property Tax and Finance Information
    Lots of interesting nuggets of information in the slide deck. Especially the Tasmania "jump"

Not sure if any of you ever saw the tv show Fat Pig Farm, but if you didn’t try and seek it out, shows the “foodie” side of Tasmania so wondering if people moving there are “grey wanderers” looking for a cheaper lifestyle than Melbourne/Sydney.

Eg http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-08/dark-****-spikes-hobart-accom-and-flights-prices/8601196

I’ve also seen some people here on Property Chat talking about yields etc and with such a small market its easy to tip it to overload quickly so might be over before it even starts etc

Disagreed with Steve about the "inland rail" being a white elephant, like I've said here before ruralisation of Australia is the only thing that can take the pressure off Sydney/Melbourne property prices.

Anyway hopefully some of you find it of interest.