smashed avocado generation could learn a lesson from this lady ...

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by big max, 22nd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

*sigh*

And I used to buy petrol for 15 cents too......so what.

You must think your the first bunch of people to think housing is expensive.

You can also move elsewhere, including many other capitals or regional s, they still all have jobs, cafes, supermarkets etc too.

Get used to it bucko's, everything always goes up, and while there may be some sideways or down, over time, everything costs more & wages are not always climbing.

Angel likes this.
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

None of this Smashed language, we called it Avocado on Toast

When I was their age.....
    There was a mature avocado tree in my back yard. I didn't eat trendy food in those days, stupid me just took them down the road to the fruit shop and swapped them for Anglo veg like potatoes, carrots and beans. A few people walking past used to offer us $3 each for them in the early80s. No wonder our housing was more affordable, it was subsidised. One of the benefits of living on a main road, I guess.

Unfortunately the seeds never grew here at our new house.

Westminster likes this.
  3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I never liked Avacado, mainly all the women around me ate it in some form, but not at cafe's.

Why would it not grow where you are ? is it a fussy plant ?

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Actually in WA there is 3 such schemes
    1. Keystart loans which are low deposit loans from the govt specifically for low income earners to get into their own place
    2. KeyStart Shared Loans for specific situations where the Housing Authority will be co owners
    2. Open Doors Shared Equity where the govt owns 25% of the dwelling and the owner owns the other 75% and can buy out the govt later

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Don't know, some plants thrive here and others keel over after a promising start. The first year we lived here it rained every day for several months. The roots probably drowned or it got a fungus. I knew nothing about gardening either.