Smart property investor podcasts

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by bob shovel, 26th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@Jamie Moore
    Second that! Kind of a big name guest to get on for a chat! :)

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Don't get me started on the DHA advertising.. How can you take the podcast as credible after the sell their souls to advertise that..

3. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

I get the fact that one might endure some advertising to listen to a free podcast. But that was so bad, it was like the sponsor had scripted the questions for Phil. The leading question about investors feeling like they were supporting defense personnel by investing in DHA was cringe-worthy.

Greyghost likes this.
  4. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I am going to put my hand up and say that was me who was interviewed on investing in Fletcher and Buderim on recent smart property investor podcast

Appreciate the feedback @Greyghost and @bob shovel i will be following you guys from now on to surround myself in people smarter than i am :)

I was emailing them regarding other things and they asked me to come on the show, i didn't think i had much to offer but i did it anyways. Met them for a whole of 5 minutes and straight into it, didn't even know the questions i was going to be asked but it tells like it is

There was a comment in the podcast what i could of done different, and i said knowing what i know now i would of done it different

I agree, i had gone through a spruiker, at the time of buying i didn't even know what a spruiker was but we made decisions on what we knew at the time and thought was the right one, I keep telling myself they are not a spruiker but the more you read and listen the more the word sticks out

Friends ask me for their contact to get them into property but i don't give it, don't want them to make the same mistake i did

Moving forward that is how we end up here, looking for answers on how to make better decisions and have already found great contacts through these forums to do just that

There are successful investors out there who made bad decisions, those bad decisions made them successful

Kudos to these forums, there are awesome people on here with a wealth of knowledge and just hope there are others out there like me who find them :D

Now time to walk the dog and listen to Your Property Success Podcast by Jane Slack-Smith, John Hubbard on iTunes

Foxdan, Colin Rice, TFBoy and 6 others like this.
  5. bob shovel

Haha don't follow me!! :eek: and id keep an eye on that other guy:D

You've done something! which is a lot better than nothing!!

Plenty of brainiacs around here to follow, that's for sure.
    The property couch is my fav atm.start from their first ep and their book is good to

VB King and andrew_t like this.
  6. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Mate I take my hat off to you for posting that! Honestly... Well done.

I'm not taking a step backwards in saying that my critique was that of the podcast and that was the investor they had on.. The podcast could have made light of your realisations and shortcomings, changes you would have made or the things you would not have done differently.
    I feel that it is somewhat negligent for them not to delve into your situation and circumstances because an onion has many layers..
    I have made many mistakes myself.
    I just don't think there was any substance to what the podcast was trying to achieve.

$2m equity or $2k of equity, listeners could have learned from you but the podcast didn't even touch on any of that.. That is my gripe!

Your a stand up bloke for putting your hand up and saying it was you on the show!

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Hats off too. I agree with @Greyghost that there is a missed opportunity for the interviewer to dwell a bit more on your thought process in purchasing those properties and your after thoughts.

I think perhaps, it is time for some PCers to be interviewed by PCers and podcasts made available to members. Obviously, real numbers and real stories.

Colin Rice and andrew_t like this.
  8. House

House Well-Known Member

Was actually thinking of doing this after reading through the Somersoft Interviews a while back but too new and unqualified to be poking about other members personal business. Do hope someone more well known and qualified does follow through with this idea as think it would be a great success, especially for the newer members.

Colin Rice and larrylarry like this.
  9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

In the meantime, party at sharks.

House and Terry_w like this.
  10. VB King

Phils ears must have been burning as we discussed the quality of his guest investors of late.

This week - Phils interviewing himself.

11. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Yes listened to this podcast on the drive home from work tonight,has he said why he pulled the monthly magazine edition of Smart Property Investor

12. andrew_t

I actually got comfortable towards the end but they only allow for a certain amount of time, i had a lot more to say but didn't get it in.

Anyways this probably sums up the podcast o_O

13. andrew_t

I did hear them mention they were running out of material...

14. VB King

Join this forum and there's at least a few of years worth of guests at one per week that would be worthwhile listening to.
    Don't get me wrong - I think the style and format is great, it's the interviewees that are letting this podcast down. I really used to enjoy this podcast, I'm disappointed with what it's become.

15. House

House Well-Known Member

Well there ain't no party quite like a Sharky party :p

16. Jye

Jye Member

There's another new podcast called 'Your property success' worth checking out. They are three episodes in and the next one the property professor from Adelaide is the guest speaker.

Attached Files:

17. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

The second episode of your property success is worth listening to because of the interview with Jan Somers.

Colin Rice likes this.
  18. bob shovel

I listened to a Tony hawk interview today
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/altucher/JAS-168-TonyHawk-v02-FREE.mp3

Very unrelated to property but still some key messages that relate (you don't need to listen :))
    He is "skateboarding" and the thing that kept him going and got him to where he is today is constantly learning and being passionate about skateboarding.

A few key messages (spoiler alert if you're going to listen ) were how he rose to be Mr skateboarding while other pro skaters lagged behind, and also him knowing the "cycle" (yep there was/is skate board cycles like property ).
    He loves skateboarding and is always trying to learn new tricks, while the other pros hit the big time and enjoyed celebrity life as if that was the peak. Tony kept learning.

With the cycles; there booms and troughs, he turned pro when he was 14 so saw a couple of peaks. Knowing that he geared up in preparation for the next boom period and started his own skate company and rode the boom which lead to many more opportunities.

Along with being in the game and taking advantage of opportunities that arose it also created "luck" you could say. A few months before he launched his first video game he did his famous 900 at x games. This was not planned and was a trick he had practised for 10 years! But lead on to that trick making the mainstream sports news and getting world wide attention, not a bad lead up to spruik your video game!

Yep, very cool! I was impressed... i also saved you guys listening to the hour long podcast :D

Terry_w and Colin Rice like this.
  19. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This is the key. Stay humble and keep learning. Good insights @bob shovel and thanks for sharing.

I have personally found that those who dont give up usually succeed.

bob shovel likes this.
  20. House

House Well-Known Member