"Small lots" West Pennant Hills

Discussion in 'Development' started by Gockie, 7th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

2. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

With Cherrybrook station right next to WPH, I expect anywhere at WPH close to Cherrybrook station should have smaller lots (or even medium or high density) to allow more people living in stations.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Its not my area so I have no idea what's going on there tbh. Sounds like a **** storm is brewing though.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I read that a couple of weeks ago - my thoughts were "many other suburbs have been stuffed up by higher densities foisted upon them by governments of both persuasions, what's new?". This isn't so objectionable as it is still low density ie not 6+ storey units as it should be.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Sooner or later surely those lot sizes would have to shrink? Too many people coming to Sydney and to not allow "smaller" lots (700sqm+ with 18m and larger frontages) is very elitist/not practical. Couldn't do it all over Sydney.... Imagine the sprawl.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Sounds like Sydney.

Gockie likes this.
  7. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
  8. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Not fitting into existing "streetscape" and "character" can be the basis for objections. The difficulty is in judging what is a minor departure or something more serious that effects the amenity of the neighbours.

At the start of the article the proponent says the proposal is compliant but the council stated "while the proposed subdivision is largely compliant". This will indicate that the applicant's proposal does not meet all the planning controls.

Admittedly, Hills Council can be difficult, I have a sub-division application in with them at the moment.......

9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The Hills LEP allows smaller lots and the neighbours are just being NIMBYS. Those in Governor Philip Place had to realise that the land adjoining theirs would never be of a similar lot size and so now someone wants to develop one of "their lots" into smaller lots. I bet nobody talks to those two !!

Love the grandiose sense of exclusion to keep the riff raff out.....
    The homes... would have double garages and plunge pools instead of four car garages and mega pools with tennis courts,” Tragic

Sackie likes this.