Small development company funding

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brendon, 2nd Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

Now I'm sure there is theeads about this elsewhere but I haven't been able to hunt them down so hoping people can help me out.

I'm wondering where the best place to start is when looking at setting up a development company, I would like to have as much info as possible before seriously moving forward with it.

Basically it would be a few people in on ground floor, buy, develop, hold/sell, move onto the next project.

Now I know everyone says don't get into this sort of thing with family/friends etc but let's leave that to the side for the moment..

I have no issue on the development side of things, it's the structuring and mainly financing that I don't understand/can't quite get my head around. I know I can talk to a mortgage broker and property lawyer etc but I'm looking to gain as much knowledge as possible before doing that so I fully understand what I'm actually talking about.

Any thoughts/help/links to other threads would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Seek specific legal advice. The way to set up will depend on a number of factors and there are many ways to structure.

One way may be a company with shares owned by a second company with its shares owned by the trustee of a discretionary trust or tow or more trusts.

You need advice on structuring the companies and trusts.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.