Small Caps Research - Where to find them?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by alexm, 11th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wondering where I can get more research information about small cap ASX listed stocks (<$200m)?

I've been searching many resources however I can't find any specific sites to get good information nuggets. Hoping someone may have some information to point me in a clearer direction.

Thanks
    Al

2 people like this.
  2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

welcome to posting on InvestChat ,

first i normally rely on my two trading platforms ( long story but i found the two budget level platforms were a workable combination .. at an affordable price )

second i normally read the monthly ( and quarterly ) reports of individual LICs they can mention some likely candidates ( and useful gems of insight )

( i hold several LICs including SOL , SOL has been a very useful purchase )

Stock Screener - MSN Money

this site has been a recent find

while this site is not entirely without merit

S&P/ASX Dividend Opportunities High Yield Dividend Stocks

if you have a trading platform ( or some access to the ASX announcements ) you are about as set up as you are going to get as a novice

i can tell you it looks like hard work , because it is ( like remembering all those damn [ important ] ticker codes )

look for stock presentations BUT REMEMBER they are created to sell the company to new investors ( they are absolutely biased )

Latest Australian Financial News | Rask Media

this site may mature into a useful source as well ( time will tell )

some other stock forums are rife with 'boiler room ' tactics selling dreams and 'penny dreadfuls , take extreme care if reading them ( some are only interested in short term profits often at your expense )

sadly experience and time are the two best sources ( detect most duds quickly so you can move on elsewhere )

don't forget 'old and boring ' i missed NBL because i am not female and could not get a wise opinion from a savvy female investor , ( i had some questions before i parted with the cash )

but have had success ( and bad outcomes ) elsewhere

cheers , i hope this helps

3. kum yin lau

kum yin lau Well-Known Member

Hi, I used to do it the hard way. I bought a newspaper and I'd highlight all those with a market cap under 50M or something like that. In Australia, it's doubly hard because there are so many penny dreadfuls!

KY

2 people like this.