QLD slow brisbane sales and rental market

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Peta Notari, 14th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Are you still keeping an eye on up North Hugh, what's happening in Cairns and Townsville lately?

2. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Consider Oxley (approx 10km out) near the station.

Several well under $500k, eg

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-oxley-120782021

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-oxley-120610417

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-oxley-120250669

If you're very lucky it may be possible to get something in Corinda (eg http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-corinda-120581397 ) but beware the flood zones (some parts are good, some not).

Rich2011 likes this.
  3. QD_au

QD_au Member

@Peta Notari what I love about QLD is they got awesome dd maps which you can easily spot floods, bushfire, landslide, hertiage areas + zoning & land measurement tools. Find out the council your interested property is in and google Council Interactive Map. Sydney is so lazy, would be nice to have these things. Good luck with your search!

Biz likes this.
  4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Nothing much is happening at the moment, prices are rising but only slowly. The issue of insurance premiums is probably holding back interstate investors and locals to some degree.
    The economy in Cairns has improved as the AUD has declined, local sentiment is up but everyone is waiting for some of the large projects to commence. Building activity has increased but its some of the larger projects which need to start to really give things a kick along.

Azazel likes this.
  5. Peta Notari

Peta Notari Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your help. Back to the drawing board...

6. Plucka

Plucka Well-Known Member

First one is right next to a major motorway, your other 3 would have been underwater in 2011. Fail

7. Bryan Loughnan

Bryan Loughnan Well-Known Member

General increase in new supply (Building Approvals are up from approx 6,000 in 2006 to over 16,000 currently) and an increase in buyer activity - in particular interstate investor activity (directly increasing the overall rental pool) has seen rentals decrease over the last 6 months. It has also seen vacancy periods and vacancy rates increase. Can only see this trend continuing into the next 2-3 years as those Building Approvals convert into stock on market. Better opportunities currently than Brisbane.

8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Where Bryan?

Bryan Loughnan likes this.
  9. Bryan Loughnan

Bryan Loughnan Well-Known Member

That's the question everyone wants to know isn't it Hugh!

I'm not going to be giving specific locations or advice here. I'm just her to given an objective opinion and I want people to make sure whatever decision they make - they do so with their eyes open and with as much information as possible.

The long term fundamentals of Brisbane are certainly sound. You could do a lot worse than investing in Brisbane at the moment. But the short-medium outlook certainly isn't as rosy as some mainstream media commentators would have believe.

10. Peta Notari

Peta Notari Well-Known Member

F
    First one is also opposite old boral quarry....now and soon to be a big commercial warehouse site for multiple businesses (including logistics companies). Entry is 100m up from this particular property....noise, dust, truck movements etc.

Its north facing (from memory) and not flood prone though lol.

They dropped the price $25k last week....more interest now (apparently).

11. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I was offered an off-market distressed sale in Tarragindi for 500k yesterday. If I wasn't heading off for a needed holiday, I might have nabbed it. It will hit RE.com but one would need to be quick!
    (Sorry I don't have the details, I dismissed it immediately as I didn't need the 'stress' of a rushed purchase again so soon).

12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I have stopped buying in Brissie for the moment...I suspect the bank increases will present opportunities around Xmas.

Agents have told me the market is not as hot in some areas...there is now some pull back there also...interesting times.....

13. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Damn. That's a good price for anything in Tarragindi. Great suburb.

14. headsonbeds

headsonbeds Well-Known Member

15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Quite a bit fir 582 sqm I'd say. I'd say it would be worth the price if it was on or next to river or had the river views. It's over 100 yr old house.