QLD slow brisbane sales and rental market

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Peta Notari, 14th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Two months is a very long vacancy period.

Are the PMs following up inquiries immediately? Are inspections by private appointment facilitated ? Have you invested in professional photos to support a well crafted marketing spiel to attract tenants? Is your asking rent current market value based on evidence? Perhaps a conversation with your PM is required to strengthen your marketing strategy...

gman65 likes this.
  2. herenow

herenow Well-Known Member

Run!!

Azazel likes this.
  3. <JC>

<JC> Active Member

The house still sell really fast in Brisbane. However, I noticed that RP data's data in some subs the price has dropped. Specially around Sunnybank and Sunnybank hills. But it is just the RP data but the market sale price has not changed much.

4. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

I've heard that the Brisbane market is really reliant on interest rates. When they are really low (lowest they've been in years, for example) tenants buy property instead of rent. That means that rents may soften but hopefully this will translate into competition for home owners and prices will go up and capital growth will be decent. In saying that, you're buying a unit or apartment. I've heard many people say it before and also seen many people here mention it, that there is a risk of oversupply of apartments and maybe units in the 10km radius around the CBD.

If I was you, I'd be looking at something different. Or you could just get Lu Bracher to be your PM, she seemed awesome when I met her, and she comes highly recommended by many investors here :p

5. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Agree with @Kael. A solid reputable PM can make a world of differene. @Lu Bracher comes highly recommended from many Brizzy investors. She is on this forum. Maybe have a chat with her. :)

6. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Because he is on a budget :p:p:p

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

But but...

8. RandR

RandR Member

Hey, yes the sales market is hot, tbh though I have only been looking at houses and 3bdr townhomes. I wouldn't look at 2bdr townhomes as all the new stock that's been built in inner brisbane is all 1 and 2 bedroom units. I actually just bought a house in Salisbury but it's taken 3-4 months of flinging in offers before we've landed one and this one had 5 other offers in the same week as ours. Living in Holland Park atm but will move into the Salisbury property after settlement. .... but yeah, I would be very careful with 2bdr stock and only consider it if there was something to distinguish it from the 40,000 odd 1 and 2 bdr apartments that have and are being built. They will provide competition for rent and suppress growth in apartment and townhouse markets

9. Rich2011

Ok, where can you buy (a house) under 500k within 10k of the city near shops and a train line (as close as Yeronga) blue chip ?

Not saying they dont exist just wondering where?

10. Rich2011

Yeronga Unit: Median price $447,000, Annual capital growth 4.59%, Number of sales 77, Weekly median advertised rent $383

http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs/qld-4104-yeronga.aspx

Not sure if the above numbers are accurate, median rent $383 for a median price $447k, less strata and rates and management fee's - ouch!

Be careful with the 'growth' for units as there are plenty being built in that area which I assume pulls the median up with the higher prices for new stock being sold.

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I reckon @dan2101 might just know somewhere ;)

12. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Not sure that buying a property to get a tax deduction is the soundest strategy..

13. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

Where...

Just purchased a 3,1,1 in keperra (10kms from CBD) for 448k. Tenant in place paying $400. It's a lowset brick and tile. I did get it before it hit the market as I'd been in contact with an agent for a few months prior. There is still plenty under 500k you just need to be patient. Close to train line and new bunnings etc just started construction.

14. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

There are houses in Mount Gravatt East for around and just under $500K too. No rail line though if that is a "must have".

15. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

I would wait for several months and see what's going to happen to the house sales prices and rental market.

16. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Not as close as Yergona but achievable just in Keppera, Stafford or Everton Park and probably a few others.

17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Why?

18. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

Hugh72 I've been monitoring those areas for probably 4-5 months now. I've seen a few listings in everton park and Stafford in the high 4's but they tend to always go well above asking price and hit the 5's (especially in the past couple of months). Could be wrong though! Keperra yes still possible in the mid-high 4's if you're quick.

19. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I would wait for several months and see what you are waiting for.

Phantom and Bran like this.
  20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

That's probably the case, I'm not following sales that closely there as I'm not buying again this year but I have noticed there are still a few listings in the sub 500k range.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia