Slate flooring

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by larrylarry, 30th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Mine has quite a bit of slate and I think it's quite pretty. It just has to be used appropriately. :)
    Screenshot_2016-02-29-08-44-44.png 20160330_234545.jpg 20160330_234453.jpg 20160330_234538.jpg

VB King, Eric Wu and Jake Milne like this.
  2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

beautiful sandstone building @Gockie

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Thanks. That's why we bought it! My neighbour who has been in the area for 45 years has told me there were more sandstone buildings in the area but they must have all been knocked down over time, nobody cared about heritage.
    Also I have pics (might have been early 1980's?) of the front of the house, it was all bricked up. Who would do such a thing! :eek:
    So later, those bricks were all removed to be the beautiful front you can now see again. I can also see from the pics that someone rendered over the sandstone in areas of the formal living room so only the sandstone is seen at the fireplace. But its great to know what's under that render if we were ever to consider changing it....

larrylarry likes this.
  4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

To be honest, that slate has a nice colouration and variance, with the right paint colour and a kitchen paint it would look nice

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I stopped pursuing it even though I could get it. CG a bit less than satisfactory.

6. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

Those pictures gave me some inspiration to consider leaving some slate in a place we own in Bris Vegas.

Jake Milne likes this.