QLD Slack real estate agent?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by gerege, 14th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

Hey I’ve had my first ip rented out for nearly 1 year and every quarter I send the water bills to the real estate and it keeps being ignored, also how often should inspections be carried out? They haven’t done one am I supposed to request it?
    Thanks

2. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

Hi Gerege,

As an example to compare with, I carry out routine inspections every 3 months, at those same times I take water meter readings and generate invoices for the tenants water usage as well (on applicable properties that we charge for water).

I would suggest you check over your agreement with your Agent and see what is stipulated in there re: inspections and water billing. Also, I don't know about other states but in Qld, if the Agent is using the utilities provider's invoice to seek compensation for water usage from the tenant, if those bills are more than 6 months old it can become difficult to enforce they pay them, so if you Agent is not attending to water billing in a timely manner this could be costing you money.

Dan Wood, gerege and Skinman like this.
  3. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

You should be able to get water bills or at least consumption send directly to PM to arrange payment by tenants.

As per Michael’s post above this is subject to meeting the required conditions of each state and in some parts of QLD can be a long lag between consumption and bill being issued.

Michael Mitchell and gerege like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Is the property fully water efficient? If not, you can't get reimbursed.

TMNT and gerege like this.
  5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I would also be asking if they have organised for the tenant to sign a new lease (past the initial 12 months) with applicable increases.

If they are going to actually conduct an inspection I'd be asking to attend, so I could evaluate the property condition and the agents performance.

Please tell us you were provided with a copy of the ingoing condition report :rolleyes:

Michael Mitchell and gerege like this.
  6. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

I send the whole bill directly to the pm they acknowledged the email but nothing happens from there my wife, rings up and they tell us it’s going to the renter but it stops there and we don’t receive anything, I’m going to go in and have a talk to them on Monday. See if they want to actually manage the property or I’ll move on

Kat, Stoffo and Michael Mitchell like this.
  7. gerege

gerege Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ll have to check up on that also. Good idea to attend

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  8. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

Good idea sounds like a chat with them is in order.

In most cases thought you should be able to get the bill sent directly to the agent from the utility company and then the agent should invoice the tenant directly. So no need for the landlord to actually get involved.

With some PMs you just need to be the squeaky wheel to get the best service.

However depending on how many properties you have it can get time consuming managing the manger so prob best to move on if not happy.

Good luck

9. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Slack....if all you know is what you write, then slack would be at least one thing, there may be a bunch of other choice names to be applied.

Dan Wood and Michael Mitchell like this.
  10. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

May be check for alternate options. Your PM seem to lack motivation. Feel free to DM me.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.