Cars & Motorbikes Sky Garage

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 10th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Luxury St Kilda Tower Takes Car Parking to New Heights

Luxury St Kilda Tower Takes Car Parking to New Heights

Melbourne-based developer Growland has unveiled plans for its new high-end residential tower featuring Australia's first "sky garage".

The high-speed German-engineered parking system will allow car owners to display two of their most prized vehicles in a glass display port that sits adjacent to the main living area.

The revolutionary parking technology, the first of its kind in Australia, will be part of Neue Grand, a 20-storey apartment tower located at 613 St Kilda Road in Melbourne.

The Y-man likes this.
  2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Then you could really claim the car park as part of floor space!

The Y-man

3. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Also maybe another way of avoiding the car park tax of MCC!

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I could really see @datto's VN Commodore sitting in his lounge room.... Oh, he does that already, and it's on jacks. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

datto and inertia like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I love that we walk down our stairs into our garage, back out and drive off.

Apartment living would annoy me. Having to take a lift to a car in a basement, but I'd get used to it (depending on a few things).

We collected a desk once from a Brisbane city high rise apartment. It took us five minutes to drive up and up and up, around and around a very tight multi-level car park. To do that daily would drive me nuts.

I like the idea of having the car on the level with me, but wouldn't want to be looking at our car through glass. But I'd want to sit in it while it is being lowered and just drive off. ;)

I wonder how long it would take from door to "on the road"?

6. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

but as soon as he finishes his apprenticeship, he's going to do it up!

datto likes this.
  7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Bogans' heaven!

Might take half an hour to drive 100 metres up the road for a packet of Winfield Red (16 mg) but well worth it. Quarter the packet will be gone by the time you're back lol.

VB King likes this.
  8. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

if u have one of the bigger or higher apartments ussually you will in one of the first levels of the car parks and near the lift.. if u have one of the one beds with parking... .shoping center it is !

9. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

Yes, I moved last year. I waited months for one of a limited number of apartments to come available (2 bed north facing in one of three towers) and when one finally did did I was disappointed that it was only on 5th floor. Plus is that to get to my car I just walk across the corridor and through a fire door onto the car deck. Downside is that being a low apartment it has a high space, so lots of ramps to negotiate when coming and going.

10. Matthew Savage

Matthew Savage Well-Known Member

This is the stuff of a body corporate manager's nightmare! That and mature trees on planter boxes jutting out of the 40th floor.

And green walls....

11. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I briefly lived in a high rise. Parking wasn't annoying. Going to the pool was!