Site Works and Demolition Crew in WA

Discussion in 'Development' started by Hodgo, 30th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

Sorry folks I posted this question before but never specified WA in the thread header...

Anyone recomend a good Site Works and Demo crew for a subdivision in WA? Probably around 20K's north or South of the river.

I already know about Preferred Demolition and Allday Construction, anyone else out there?

Anyone got any experience with either of these companies? What were they like to deal with? Sharp? On point? Stuck to the schedule and didn't cause any delays? Was the work high quality?

I see that Preferred offer management of their services, has anyone gone down that route?

I'll be calling both companies tomorrow to have a chat.

Anything in particluar I should ask them thats not obvious like costings, timings, how we converse, method of engagement, understand responsibilities and how they interact with other services and when to organise their work in conjunction with others on site?

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

What do you actually need doing?

3. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

Hi Westminster, nothing at the moment.

I’m actually completing a fictional subdivision like you suggested and have contacted parties such as DBYD, NBN, Vision Surveys, Western Power and ATCO so far, the site works and Demo are on my list.

When I speak to a referred contractor I just want to learn as much from them as I can so I’m ready when the time comes to pull the trigger on a dev.

thanks
    Dave

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Ok gotcha.

So when comparing companies some of the main points of difference are
    - what depth will they rake to and the type of rake bucket. Raking the block after demolition will dig up any buried items and remove smallish items that fall out of the demolition bucket. The deeper it goes the less surprises your site works people will encounter when they go to dig trenches for services and footings. The smaller the space in the rake bucket the less stuff will be left on site - particularly things like small pieces of asbestos.
    - some companies will handle the disconnection of services and just get you to sign, others will get you to do it
    - with a retain and build project do get someone to rake the back block not just clear it or your site works will be higher than they need to be.

For demolition resources try
    Bella Luca demolition
    JAG demolition

lixas4, Hodgo and Big Daddy like this.
  5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

You also may want to include in your quote these items
    Removal of boundary fences
    Removal of driveway and crossover

Also check if they pay all council bonds, council permit fees, power/water/gas service disconnection charges etc.

Finally check if quote is GST inclusive

lixas4, Hodgo and Westminster like this.
  6. Hodgo

Hodgo Well-Known Member

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.