Simon Loo from Housefinder

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by BeefEater, 12th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon L

Simon L Well-Known Member

Hi Rambo, I appreciate the message. If you can let me know who you are and which property we worked on, I'd be keen to address your concern as this seems highly uncharacteristic of myself and our services. Understandably you may wish to stay anonymous, so I have sent you a PM as well. Feel free to reach out via email or mobile if you like

We make it a point that there are no property limits or time limits with our property search for each client. Although many clients buy the first property we send them, we have clients who reject properties often, which we are more than happy for them to do so as it allows us to narrow down the search criteria to ultimately find a property that not only ticks their personal criteria, but also being genuinely good deals. Often it serves as an opportunity to educate and mentor the client as well

To address some of the other comments, we are based on the ground in Brisbane, and have staff on the ground that conduct visual inspections on every property we find. Typically this includes approx. 100 images of every visual defect we can see with the property, from a leaking tap, to a ripped flyscreen in bedroom 3, or 2 missing fence palings on the right hand side etc, along with a summary of our findings. Where possible, we also include video walk throughs of the property inside and out - and ofcourse face time inspections. This is all completed usually prior to us organising the building and pest inspection, so our clients can avoid wasting the cost of the B&P fee unecessarily if there is clearly something wrong with the property and they wish to pull out of a deal (or if we advise them to do so!)

Although our business originally focused specifically in Logan many years ago, we have been buying properties across all of Brisbane and on occasion in Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast as well. In fact Logan makes up only approx. 30% of the properties we are currently buying, and we have a strong presence in Moreton Bay, Redland Bay and Brisbane City Council itself

Of the last 100 properties we have purchased, 86 have been off market or pre market, which in a market as hot as Brisbane is, avoiding competition at a Saturday open home is half the battle already when it comes to securing bargains. Ofcourse not all off markets are automatically good deals (some sellers just want a high price without paying for marketing), but when we compare them to direct comparables that have just gone under contract, it is clear that often we are still buying well below current market value.

Although it would not be fair to my clients to share their deals publicly on a forum, I'd be happy to share details with individuals about specific deals we have currently under contract, or ones just settled. Understandably there may be an air of scepticism about being able to secure genuinely good off market deals in this current climate, but the best and most transparent thing for me to do is to show evidence that we are still doing so consistently. Please feel free to reach out privately or PM as well!

Cheers,

Simon

wilso8948, Simon Hampel and Harveys like this.
  2. Rambo

Rambo New Member

Appreciate the response not here to discredit your business @Simon L just expressing my experience working with you. As you have explained you may have worked with others differently.

3. Property HS

Property HS Member

I essentially look at the price I paid for it and compare it to what has sold recently in the suburb.
    I also scope what's on the current market that is in the particular suburb.

For example @Simon L found me a a decent highset property in Beenleigh for 340k on a 600sqm block. I would comfortably say this is way under market and you couldn't find that right now whilst competing against a lot of other buyers.

4. Property HS

Property HS Member

My experience has been totally different as I've bought from Simon this year and I'm wanting to buy more from him. He has always said to me if you don't like what I send you no pressure to buy, he would source me another one to look at. At the end of the day as a the buyer, I do my own DD and assessment before I make my final call.

But what he has sent me thus far I have bought up without a problem : )