Education & Work Silly season parties and mishaps

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by bob shovel, 8th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Ok.... everyone must have some sort of hilarious work Christmas party misadventure! Share away, the more photos the better, use aliases to protect the innocent!:)

Also taking suggestions for great ideas for Christmas parties. I need to get the boss moving to lock something good in. Last year we did paintball, go karting and then dinner massive day! I think we'll struggle to top this!

2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Sky diving, jetskis, dinner.

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

This happened a very long time ago. Our eldest who is now 33, spend his first night at Grandmas. She is an idiot. Grandma knew my no junk food policy but of course it somehow universally doesn't apply to Grandmas.

We picked him up in the morning and took him to the work's Children's Christmas Party in a park in one of the posh suburbs of Brisbane. All the company directors had littlies of their own at the time and it was the kind of children's party you would expect from the Brookfield, St Lucia, Kenmore and Toowong crowd.

Little Angel had lime green stuff running down his legs, the sort of thing that you don't want happening out in public - especially not at a top ASX company social event for their staff. The Conveniences were 100 metres away and this was pre Parent's Room days. I carried him to the nearest tap, where one of the Director's wives was carefully washing away a few grains of sand and blades of grass from Miss Three Year Old Ballerina Unicorn Princess in a Mauve Tutu's delicate white upper middle class feet. He was stripped naked and the offending clothing dropped onto the ground where the offending matter blended into the mud. Ms Director's Wife looked at me as cool as a cucumber and smiled knowingly. I muttered embarrassingly that Grandma gave him green jelly last night.

We immediately left the scene, never imagining that Mr Angel would still work for the same company 32 years later. I phoned Grandma later and asked her how much jelly she gave him. Her words: "He seemed to like it so I kept feeding it to him until the entire bowl was gone." Pressed further she admitted we weren't talking about the small serving bowl with a scoop of ice cream. She meant the entire packet mixed with two litres of water.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hehe, that made me laugh. Reminded me of the time we were holidaying with @Lil Skater's older sister, who was 9 months old at the time. Woke us up in the middle of the night screaming, and in hindsight she must have had a nasty tummy ache. So, we bundled her into the car & drove home. We stopped at a park to do the usual nappy change etc, to discover that it didn't stay in the nappy. We ended up stripping her off, and washing her under a tap, as the brown was all the way up her back, and down her legs. Nastiest stuff I've ever seen in my life.

5. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

One company I worked for doesn't do anything after a bloke got hit by a car and died after walking out of the Venue to head home.

Alcohol is a nasty thing in large quantities.