Shower Waterproofing

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by tegs77, 5th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tegs77

tegs77 Member

Hi All,

I have a property at Loganholme that has 2 bathrooms that both require new water proofing in the showers. The actual condition of the bathrooms are ok and not in need of a full bathroom reno, so just need tiles ripped up in the shower area and re done. Can anybody recommend some that could do this?

Cheers
    Joel

2. No Probs

No Probs Well-Known Member

You don't usually need to rip up tiles and redo, plenty of companies that can apply a special epoxy resin which will seal the shower and ensure its leak free. See if The Shower Repair Centre are in your area, I've used them many times in the past. You'll be looking at approx $800 for 2 showers.

Gingin and teg499 like this.
  3. No Probs

No Probs Well-Known Member

Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a plumber pressure test the shower to ensure the leak isn't coming from the pipe work in the wall. Should only cost you $100 to rule that out.

Gingin likes this.
  4. tegs77

tegs77 Member

Thanks mate will look into it.

5. 212

212 Guest

Just one note on the shower repair guys. make sure they do the pressure test before they do the work. as it comes that you have a plumbing issue, they will reject to refund you any money, but if they do the pressure test and confirm to you it is because of the grout / broken tiles,...etc. and they will fix it.

If it leaks again, they will take the responsibility to fix.

That's my 2 cents.

JenW likes this.