Shower Screen Question

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Cong, 18th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cong

Cong Member

Hi all,
    Im currently in the final stages of a bathroom renovation and am struggling finding an answer in regards to shower screens.
    So the bathroom is 3mx1.6m, the entrance at one end and the shower is at the other end with the 3 tiled walls, 2m high. Originally I had planned to enclose the shower area with a panel and door from wall to wall, but am having trouble finding anybody that'll be able to even look at it, let alone get it done by christmas.

The rest of the bathroom has only got skirting tiles and is painted, so my question is, would it be suitable for the shower to only be partially enclosed, with a 90cm fixed panel?

I have consulted with a few bathroom retailers and tried looking up any standards or regulations in regards to the matter but have had no luck.

To my understanding it changes the bathroom to somewhat a wet room and that requires the whole place to waterproofed in means of tiled to the ceiling.

If anybody would be able to shed some light or point me towards the appropriate regulations or standards, I would be most grateful.

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

sounds good to me. go nuts! the only thing is water will splash out, but getting an off the shelf panel will save heaps. bunnings have them i think.

3. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Not sure re regs, but I would think it would require the rest of the room to be waterproofed.

Taking a step back, I think the 90cm screen might look a bit weird. Why not get either something that fits the whole width of 1.6m, or go with no screen at all ?

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia