Should my property be raepaired by body corporate?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Keentolearn77, 7th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

Hi Legends
    I don’t know if I have a leg to stand on, thus asking the question if anyone has experienced similar…,
    I have a rental property that is in a block of six single-story units all with the adjoining walls. The one corner of the wall that is not visible or accessible / is only visible/ accessible from the neighbors backyard - and has some rotting facia board, this would be highly likely due to a large tree in the neighbors backyard casting dull limited light & shadow, leaf matter and concentrated rain water onto the affected area.
    Is this something that would warrant correspondence to the body corporate / would it fall under body corporate for repair or is it just my bad luck…

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Well is it common property? Have you at a look at the strata plan?

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  3. Tom Cooper

Tom Cooper Well-Known Member Business Member

With a multi-story building it is very likely that the exterior surface of each wall is the boundary of each of the strata units and the walls between each apartment, the exterior walls and the concrete floors above and below are common property. You should absolutely contact the strata manager and ask for clarification and a copy of the strata plan.

Keentolearn77 likes this.
  4. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

i shall make enquiries
    Cheers