Health & Family Should i use protein powder and or pre workout

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MyDarlinghurst, 13th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ross 355

Ross 355 Well-Known Member

A coffee is nowhere near as strong as pre workout.

2. ross100

ross100 Well-Known Member

Xtend Bcaa is popular these days, during workouts. Tends to cut body fat as well.

3. Bill Williamson

Bill Williamson Well-Known Member

Ask any serious bodybuilder / strength athlete which they would prefer if they could only have one they would choose meat, eggs, fish etc.. over protein powder any day of the week.

4. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Looks like this thread started over 12 months ago but since it’s been revived I’ll put my 2 cents in.

As you can see in my avatar I use plenty of protein powder. :p
    In all seriousness though the two things protein and preworkout have two totally different purposes. Protein powder purpose is to help build muscle and pre workout is to give you an energy boost to train harder.

So you really can’t say which is better as they serve a different purpose. I’m not a fan of pre workouts and if feeling tired I’ll have a sugar free V.

Yes you can get protein from natural foods which is better for you. But post workout you want protein in a quickly absorbed format, which protein powder is. supposedly anyway but wether it actually works or not is another discussion all together.

Eating chicken or meat or even milk post workout does not deliver the protein quick enough hence why you use protein post work out. Secondly you never put protein powder in milk if you are after quick absorption. You want the protein in your system as fast as possible after training. That can be done by adding some dextrose in your protein shake after training.

Dextrose is basically a very fine sugar that will speed up the process of absorption. Not ideal if your main priority is loosing weight. More for building muscle.

I think someone mentioned bulk nutrition website. Great site with well priced products. But the WPC mentioned is cheap quality protein. Wouldn’t bother with it. Very slow absorption with WPC. WPI is a good quality faster absorbing protein. But a pure WPI protein does not come cheap. Expect to pay no less than $120 for 3kg.

5. Invest_noob

Invest_noob Well-Known Member

Don't fall for slick marketing mate, check who's paid for the research into the "benefits" of these products.

*spoiler - it's the supplement companies themselves

ross100 likes this.