Should I sell my Brisbane Unit ?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Jenny, 23rd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jenny

Jenny Well-Known Member

Brilliant thanks so much, am on to it now.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sounds like selling it will be offering a savvy buyer a great buy from a distressed seller.

If the fundamentals are good and you can manage the CF/increase it in some way then I'd be keeping it for sure. Also boutique units long term are always in more demand than scrapers.

Paterson00 likes this.
  3. CosmicTrevor

CosmicTrevor Well-Known Member

I can't see how in the long term that Indro won't perform from both a cash flow and cap growth (even if modest) perspective. The boxes that it ticked for you remain ticked.

I have a property in St Lucia that is not student accommodation and I've had to drop the rent to get a tenant, I think in 2 years it has been vacant 3 days though. As others have said rents fluctuate as supply fluctuates.

Don't panic.

4. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Hi OP, just a thought: do you know whether there is any construction happening now on your street, or to access your street? It can be a big turn-off. Personal experience.

Another thought is to consider convert into fully-furnished. You dont need expensive furniture, and you probably cannot recoup all the cost. But it's can be a good strategy in attracting someone, considering a lot of students prefer FF.

Paterson00 likes this.