Should I correct my credit record?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Harry30, 2nd Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

I recently got a copy of my credit record. All good, but I noticed some innocuous errors. It listed 4 places of residence when I have only lived in 2 places last 25 years. The other 2 places listed were an IP I bought about 5 years ago (never lived there) where they also happened to get the street address wrong, and an address in the CBD where I happened to do some time work whilst a full time student (25 years ago). This now explains some criptique questions I got when I recently applied for a loan. Should I write to correct the record, or not bother? Is correcting the record a simple process?

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The most recent alleged address, was it in the last 3 years or close to 3 years? After that it's really not a big deal.

Yes you should have it fixed, but I don't know if I'd be bothered with the hassle.

Harry30 likes this.
  3. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

Lived in current address for 12 years. Current address and former address correctly listed. Other 2 are mistakes. One of the errors goes back almost 30 years (and was an address of a place I worked at).

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You must have nominated those addresses when you applied for finance at some point. I doubt you could find evidence enough to convince them to remove them. But wouldn't hurt to try, however i don't think it i s a big deal.

Harry30 likes this.
  5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

typically. for sub 80 % lend not that much of an issue

Many many people find potentially BIG issues with their files.......like 5 enquiries for 1 loan app with the one online lender.............

id encourage every borrower to get a copy of their file

ta
    rolf

Harry30 likes this.