ASX Shares Short term COVID-19 opportunities in the stockmarket

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Sackie, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Well-Known Member

What sectors? Anything in particular?

2. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Tech and healthcare

KayTea likes this.
  3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

The new funding is meant to have a significant impact on margins from what I read. That’s the key. Growth has been above their expectations, but from what I read they heap more opportunity to expand the growth with further funding.
    So if well looking at it when they get the funding this quarter will increase their margins, but also their growth!

4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Great day for RAC up 24% - glad this is the biggest holding in the portfolio right now.

plan to add more BUB and NVX later this week.

Optimus likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

RAC is looking at another above ten percent a few minutes ago and maybe just the start..imho.

6. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Have a look at KAR, cash in the bank 500 m as at 31 March, will probably be around 440 m now with no debt.

But market cap is only 330 m. They have option in rising oil price with Bauna.

I reckon good to enter now before they report their quarterly end of this month.

Some info from AFR;

Morgans assesses Karoon's Bauna options
    Morgans assesses Karoon's Bauna options

Karoon gets cracking on Bauna oil deal revival
    Karoon gets cracking on Bauna oil deal revival

David_SYD likes this.
  7. Thomas Meadows

Thomas Meadows Member

8. Kite

Kite Member

Do your own research, these Motley Fool guys strike me as click-bait a lot of the time.

9. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Joined awhile back when it was cheap, id run a mile. you really get nothing its just an annoying email every day and everyone trying to leave the subscription, they then push another 9-10 subs you have to pay for which is the next biggest amazon, telsa etc. its a lead on..

They pick a stock and push it over and over and over, some months old that have all ready moved. or BUB for example which was one they pushed 5x a day for the last 3 months and its down over 15% from its high.

wilso8948 and R S Gumby like this.
  10. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Agree. Motley Fool is worthless. It was their rapidly flip-flopping views on Telstra that convinced me.

Prefer my own analysis now.

alicudi, wilso8948 and Codie like this.
  11. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I’ve held IMU for 2 years now, bought at $0.017. $0.058 today but no announcements?

Anybody else hold IMU?

12. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I looked into them for awhile when they were sitting around the 4c mark. I had discussions with another member that understands Biotechs better than most, for me their was just too much clinical risk, and considering the recent stance from the FDA and lack of approved immunotherapy treatments out there its too early for me to invest, I directed funds elsewhere.

I hope @wombat777 doesn't mind me sharing his thoughts as below.

""It's a big, big step to take treatments from being successful in mice to being both safe and effective in patients. The treatment has to work and it needs to be safe. It also needs to be as good as or better than existing treatments. So a lot of time and money is needed to go through all the trials to show this.

With anything new without prior safety / efficacy data, very big and expensive Phase 3 trials will be needed for approval. So years of clinical trials will be required. That takes time in terms of the recruitment of patients and in the execution.

Because there is not prior safety / efficacy data in humans, bigger Phase 2 and.3 trials are required. Some of IMU's Phase 2 trials will have over 100 patients. For a series of Phase 1 / 2 / 3 trials of this scale in terms of patients plus biologics approval application you are looking at say USD $40M, just for 1 pipeline ( Imugene have 4 pipelines ).

Also, the FDA is going to be very, very sceptical about anything novel (i.e. new). So that means that the clinical trials need to be rock solid in the way they are designed, planned and executed. That's where some the significant clinical risk comes in. The FDA are very, very picky about anything new. MSB has shown me that.

Looks like HER-Vaxx phase 3 won't be able to start until optimistically Q3 2022 and would probably need to run for 24 months. So perhaps Q4 2024 for Phase 3 readouts and then another 12 months for approval application.

According to their latest presentation, the Phase 2 trial for CF33 won't start until Q2 2022 and will need to run for 24 months. So that means early 2025 at the earliest to start a Phase 3 trial that will be needed for approval ( assume another 24 - 36 months before an approval application can be submitted, nominally 2027 at the earliest ).

So the punt I guess with IMU is a buyout occurring on the back of Phase 1 & 2 trials ( which often occurs ), but the clinical risk for IMU to get to this point very high""

Attached Files:

• IMU.png
      IMU.png
      File size:
      375 KB
      Views:
    • IMu.png
      IMu.png
      File size:
      162.8 KB
      Views:
    alicudi, David_SYD and wombat777 like this.
  13. David_SYD

Thanks Codie. Not ashamed to say I bought $500 worth blind off the back of somebody tipping them. No harm done on this occasion. A small $1,300.00 profit if I sold today but I’ll hold purely out of interest. You never know one day...

14. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Gotta be in to win!

David_SYD likes this.
  15. David_SYD

Looking to add today.

I hold TLS and WBC. I’m looking to top-up existing holdings.

Opinions (not advice) on these representing good long-term hold options at $2.75 and $17.25 respectively?

16. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Not a huge fan of TLS - I still don't see them being competitive/innovative/responsive enough.

WBC - I hold a pretty big chunk of it - I hope they start (ethically) collecting money from customers again soon :)

The Y-man

Nir, Skinman and David_SYD like this.
  17. David_SYD

Cheers Y-man.

What I always feel about TLS is that they will likely always be the Telcom to roll out the innovative technology. I’d have thought the roll out of 5G would see similar revenue % increases to the NBN debacle?

18. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I think I just have bad memories of what people who worked there and with them in partner orgs had to say about them....

The Y-man

David_SYD likes this.
  19. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

@David_02 any thoughts on the recent FDA approval for IND on IMU? Doesn’t look like the market reacted much at all.

Have you looked at IMUOC options? Strike of 0.054

20. David_SYD

I think a lot of people just waiting on the sidelines for IMU. It’s still a long road.

No I haven’t? I’m not sure what to make of that...