ASX Shares Short term COVID-19 opportunities in the stockmarket

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Sackie, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It started off good above 10 percent then went backwards,imho these small caps run on media updates and I have bought in below 0.2400 so even after tax it's looking good..just hope the several in the medical green smoko would power up as some are cheap as chips.imho.

datto and iloveqld like this.
  2. luckyP

luckyP Well-Known Member

I am slowly liking EML. They just entered the social gaming with their payment cards, online gaming is big.

Skinman and Brady like this.
  3. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Did anyone received the Qantas SPP? Do you wait a bit and see what the market does first before July 22nd?

4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

After trying the trading tac and realising I’ve missed out on so much gains by jumping in and out. I’ve changed And just starting buying small parcels of around $3-$5k and stopped looking at the market every day. So far I’m up a good 8% in a couple of days and far less stressed lol

have holdings of BUB, NVX, KMD, AIZ, looking to accumulate RAC, TON, more AIZ, will get some ADN.

I think the strategy going forward will be to own some small amounts of good value individual stocks, some obviously speculative. Just add small parcels as I can. And also add the majority of my $ in to VAS or similar long term.

At least in my head I won’t have FOMO, holding 20% of small amounts of Speculative stocks and directing 80% to a sensible fund seems like something I can be happy with and stick to which is important.

5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Good choice. I think that is the safest option for most people.

Skinman likes this.
  6. Skinman

Skinman Well-Known Member

Sounds good I’ve moved to something similar and albeit more focused on bluechip like banks and feel much better...and I’m not checking the index every 10 mins :) on the few days we have had dips I’ve just gone back and bought more AIZ was a good example...still not back into VAS. I was was waiting for it to come crashing back down after buying at $63 and selling at $66...not such a great strategy in hindsight!!!

I’ve just exited GEAR this morning (at the days low of course :oops: ) so have more funds now ready to redeploy at some point in the future...if I don’t see any value I will just move back into an offset.

Was interested in RAC and had an order in last week but it didn’t quite get there and has moved a fair way now. Got my eye on a few speculative mining gigs but not sure if I can be bothered with the gamble anymore.

So now holding ANZ, WBC, CBA, WPL, AIZ, CVN.

At this rate I will have to start obsessing over my IPs again :D

Codie likes this.
  7. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Good stuff, AIZ is definitely on watch I'm hoping it pulls back a little more as at this rate I think they will dip into the $900m loan soon, I want to wait this year out a little before getting on the banks personally. Job keeper coming off and all these loan deferrals could have a negative impact on the sentiment.

on RAC I've spent countless hours reading @wombat777 analysis and with my partner (she's in oncology) and friends in medicine, I have been bouncing info and asking a ton of questions about the drugs currently used and its effects etc, cancer has also been close in the family so I like the thought of investing in something that has huge potential and serves a great need. This one excites me to be honest and I hope it does well not just for my capitals sake!

The current drug doxycycline is very toxic for the heart and she has had a number of patients die not from the cancer but by the effects of this alone, there's a huge need for something like Bisantrene and given the success its all ready got behind it, even if it doesn't pass approvals its got some legs in it for sure

Skinman, trinity168 and wombat777 like this.
  8. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

You can ask the company questions directly on HC (I don't know if you have already). They will respond on the technical aspects where they can.

trinity168 and Codie like this.
  9. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Good day for BUB, looking forward to the Q4 report

Skinman and Codie like this.
  10. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

absolutely. Any day now. Interesting they have moved to 3 shifts to keep up with demand, and Alibaba has come out saying BUB is #3 for formula sales on their site. Could quite possibly be a 20m revenue Qtr which would be amazing. You would think an SP of $1.20 would be very fair It was pure luck that I had a buy on BUB that triggered this morning and rode the gains today, exactly the same for NVX with about 12% in a day.

Brady likes this.
  11. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Great day for lots of shares again EOS up 23%( near 50% since I suggested it to somebody 2 months ago), WSP 16%, JIN 13%, CAT 6.7, RHT, ELO , WTC, STG, CBR 5% , DDR , PBH , NTO, ALC 3%

Last edited: 6th Jul, 2020
    Brady likes this.
  12. Spad

Spad Well-Known Member

No I didnt. Did you receive a letter?

13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I got the letter. Not sure if it's worth buying more at the price.

14. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Yes informed by letter, offer is at $3.65. I guess if the price stays up despite these new lockdowns for Victorians then it may be worth considering. Today may be interesting to watch......

15. aussie1

aussie1 Active Member

There was so much uncertainty at the time i think it was a smart move dipping in n out

16. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

VIC ruining my plans. Wanted some announcements before market drop to offload.

17. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Looks like hk stocks about to fly. Time to switch

18. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

BUB continuing to push through even with off market. This Q4 announcement should see good result.

@Fargo @Omnidragon thoughts on MME, it’s now my largest holding. Kicking goals since IPO, actually outperforming since IPO. Ticking box getting warehousing funding from major bank this quarter will do it wonders. Just needs more attention.

Codie likes this.
  19. Omnidragon

Hmm I haven't updated my numbers on it from a while... so just looking at it quickly. I didn't like it at the time because I didn't see how it got to profitability in next few years. Just my own numbers so I could be wrong - but need to see proof that something has changed from a growth or margins perspective. By the way this is unlike something like Afterpay where I saw a pathway to huge cashflows.

Attached Files:

• MME.jpg
      MME.jpg
      File size:
      145.8 KB
      Views:
  20. Omnidragon

Finally SZL's turn to take off... phew

Brady likes this.