Shopping Spree Hunt

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Sackie, 25th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just had my last valuation come in yesterday for a couple of properties that we had revalued because we need the equity to buy our next deal. Could revalue more but don't need anymore than this for the moment. We will probably buy a deal or two using low LVRs to manage risk (debt) on these. Something I'm not thrilled with.. but also not thrilled with going bankrupt either... so gotta give in a little to my fears here.

- 2, 2 bedroom units, 1, 3 bedroom in Eastern Suburbs Sydney 12 month combined increase of 368k (using 10k to do a small reno soon so need to minus 10k from the total amount, lazy to edit image)

- 2 homes in Blacktown Sydney. 12 month combined increase of 115k
    - 3 homes in Brisbane, 12 month combined increase for 2 homes 120k, 18 month increase for 3rd home 290k, combined increase of 410k. The areas I bought in had massive growth and also massive BMV buys on 2.
    - Sold one of our units in China, bought 14 months ago and made a net profit of 125k AUD , ROE wasn't fantastic due to buying in cash but we had no other choice at the time. Still, not complaining.). Many parts of Chinese real estate is booming but their government power always makes me nervous. Overnight (like Singapore) they can crash or boom a market.

Would take a lifetime and a half to save up this amount. Interestingly, almost every single one of those properties bar 1, various people were saying I was mad to be buying at the time.

Time to go shopping with...

BN-NI735_0331wo_H_20160331154437.jpg

Last edited: 25th Oct, 2016
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

3. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

Good position to be in lad. Where are you looking?

4. House

House Well-Known Member

image.jpeg
    :D

Excellent work indeed :)

Were those detractors non-investors? Reminds me of the classic quote "those that say it can't be done need to get out of the way of those that are doing it".

Hope you cracked open a decent bottle of champagne for that achievement.

5. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Legen "wait for it".....dary!
    Always love your posts @Leo2413 and your positive mindset. Just goes to show how powerful it is when put to the correct use, free from being restrained from the negative doubters.

First thing first is take a holiday and reward yourself for the effort. Doesn't have to be extravagant, but a nice resort with the legs kicked up sucking back a mojito.

Next thing and I know this is out there but "maybe" consider reducing some debt? I'm all for leveraging to the hilt but wouldn't be adverse with all these gains and particularly in the Sydney markets to get out high on a few. Maybe sell 1?

The remaining equity I would be going again in some new markets outside of Sydney. I still think some outer Melbourne suburbs have a lot of growth to come over the next 5 years.

Sackie, wombat777 and Tony Fleming like this.
  6. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

With that much equity increase you could buy another full size house in Blacktown and still have money left over.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Looks like the hunt is on to find a Thai restaurant that makes money bags as big as a human person!
    I have nfi what the numbers mumbo jumbo is about o_O i do however, also like money bags :cool:

Toon, BKRinvesting and Tony Fleming like this.
  8. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

Wow, that's awesome did you do any value adding? Where are you looking next?

jefn89 and Sackie like this.
  9. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

amazing outcome @Leo2413. the one at Blacktown is a star.
    we had similar experience, bought in 2011, 3 bedder house, paid $300k, reno costed $10k, now worth $650k. If we add a grannyflat (which costs about $100k), we could sell it for $850k. Make it even better, we have 2 of these in Blacktown LGA.

Sackie, C-mac, SOULFLY3 and 4 others like this.
  10. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Wow. Impressive stuff.

It's posts like this that inspired me to keep plotting and sheming a path to world domination....

Sackie and Toon like this.
  11. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Love it! Well done :) Love the change in avatar too!

You know what I love most about these posts and this forum in general? It's the positive feedback. I like that people celebrate others' success.

Sackie, Toon, MikeyBallarat and 2 others like this.
  12. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

How close would you say these valuation increases are to actual growth? The reason I ask is in my (admittedly piddly compared to yours) portfolio, I'm noticing that bank valuation vs reality is not always the same.. I'm confident I could do a re-draw and pick up a few more properties, but I'm really wary of the idea of investing paper money when I know the underlying assets wouldn't go for what the bank says.

This is why I will almost definitely never see $1m+ growth in 12 months, too risk averse.

13. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Sackie likes this.
  14. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Wow

Sackie likes this.
  15. Shankiedoodle

Shankiedoodle Well-Known Member

Leo are you basically making small 10k improvements to the property or are you in most cases just holding and letting tiem do the rest? Also, im guessing most of these properties are further out?

16. Iamnumber5

Iamnumber5 Well-Known Member

Sackie likes this.
  17. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Well done Leo,
    You are a major credit to this forum and its awesome hearing about your success.

Sackie and MikeyBallarat like this.
  18. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Congratulations Leo, just goes to show what you can do when you believe in yourself instead of sit on your bum and whinge ;)

Sackie and Perthguy like this.
  19. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

while Sydney doomsayers was putting their popcorn in the microwave....you made half a $Mil .....in Sydney..and in the last 12 months?

hats down.

Sackie and Perthguy like this.
  20. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Sydney west is where all the dreams come true.

Sackie, Eric Wu and Gockie like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia