Shane Hiscock Real Estate Property Development Brissy

Discussion in 'Development' started by MBO, 15th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MBO

MBO Active Member

G'day

Just wondering if anyone has used the services of Shane Hiscock real estate in Brissy for securing good property development sites. A friend passed his name onto me, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences there? Services sound quite good just want to make sure.

2. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

How do you know it is his? :p

3. lowIQ

lowIQ Member

Because its called Shane? :rolleyes:

4. MBO

MBO Active Member

Mmmm, didn't think that was too hard a question to ask, either you've heard or had something to do with him or you haven't...

5. MBO

MBO Active Member

All jokes aside that is, I went to school with a bloke who has the same last name, unfortunate for them I guess, have heard all the jokes b4 n still get a cheap laugh tho.

6. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

I'm all about lame humour. Carry on...

380 likes this.
  7. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Hope he's not too up himself

8. MBO

MBO Active Member

Yep great, fantastic advice you've all been a great help, thank you very much.

Elives likes this.
  9. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

Hey bud, hah, classic some of the quotes. C'mon have a sense of humour.

I first saw an article of Shane doing a JV with an investor maybe 2-3 years ago documents in a 6-8 part in API or SPI or one of the mags. I followed the story with keen interest as it turned out he only turned a 30k profit for the project (splitter block). He appeared very open and honest about his experience and the problems he faced. I respect that. In a magazine like API where it would surely be easy to toot ones horn, he appeared humble and keen to improve and learn.

I follow him on facebook out of pure interest to see what he is doing compared to us, and I have watched him go from splitters, to small townhouse projects, to most recently a 9 unit development.

This is all anecdotal, but he doesn't strike me as a "shark".

He genuinely seems to love what he does, and helping others benefit from it.

Funny name though. Better than Smallwood.

Cheers,

MBO likes this.
  10. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

In the context of your question, by now he would have a solid network of agents that would likely call him fairly regularly. In this market, off market deals are less likely to occur, but it's a fair shot he would be able to help you find a site, and develop it. Comes down to his fee structure I suppose.

Cheers

MBO likes this.
  11. MBO

MBO Active Member

All good, thanks for getting back to me, yeah don't stress I have a big enough sense of humour, you could roll out plenty more of this quotes.

Yeah I'm going to call him & have a chat. Just trying to build up a reliable team of contacts in areas where I can not get to every day, finding someone who is genuine about helping & finding you good deals, I've never got a problem with paying for that just as long as it all stacks up & you don't get shafted. Are you based in Brissy, what's been working for yourself? Probably like everyone but I'm mainly interested in trying to find those properties that stand in there own 2 feet but can be value added through a Reno or small development. If you can do this plus be in a growth area & be as close to positively geared from the outset is a huge bonus.

12. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

working on a project with them now for a client

Looks kosher, values up and while "simple" its not obvious

ta
    rolf

MBO likes this.