Sewer Encasement

Discussion in 'Development' started by mtr007, 1st Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mtr007

mtr007 Member

Hello All,

Good day.

I am doing a knockdown rebuild in Sydney and looking for a recommendation for a sewer encasement. If you know any good people/company with reasonable cost then please share.

Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator: 8th Nov, 2021
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Sydney Water may have a list of approved contractors.

The_Billy likes this.
  3. mtr007

mtr007 Member

Thanks for the reply. They have many, just looking for some recommendations among them. :)

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Anything that is regulated will have a special price to get on the list. ie it will cost more

Sydney Water

5. The_Billy

The_Billy Well-Known Member

If you go with any of the Sydney water approved contractors you will get your work completed eventually, they are all mostly the same as one another. Also you may need to use a water services coordinator from the Sydney Water list to design your encasement or relocation and they are the most painful beings I have come across in my life. The best way to describe them is a black hole. You can yell, send emails, make phone calls, plead into this black hole called 'water services coordinator' and never hear anything back. From time to time something pops back out from a different dimension with half the information you need to keep going.

datto and Anthony416 like this.
  6. mtr007

mtr007 Member

@The_Billy Thanks for sharing your experience and this is useful. I will keep this in my mind when dealing with a 'water service co-ordinator'

The_Billy likes this.
  7. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

8. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

Has anyone here done any encasement? What's the cost like? I've gathered this much that SydneyWater contractors are not the easiest to get hold of.

9. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

on a slightly sloping (sideways) lot about 15.9m across in Brisbane actually

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia