Sewer diagram - building on the hashed area

Discussion in 'Development' started by scientist, 3rd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. scientist

scientist Well-Known Member

Alternatively, building on land that slopes down away from the sewer connection point - if I have a toilet that's too low and can't gravity feed the wastewater towards the sewer point for that land, what happens in this situation?

I called Sydney Water and they said I would need to install a pump, which sounds fine enough, but want to check with people here.

Any issues from council either?

Anyone with experience with a poo pump? Do they give much maintenance grief?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Solution: $#i+ flows down hill. Put the loo up hill. Pumps aren't a cheap solution, you may need dispensation from Sydney Water.

3. GreenMedallion

GreenMedallion Member

Saniflo system for the toilet should suffice.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The hashed area isn't always spot on accurate. If you're doing an extension you may be able to have a step in the design which could give you an extra 200mm to play with, plus putting the dunny on one side of the block may give it a better chance to fall to the main.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice