Sewage Clarification (Was it a right decision?)

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by AShah, 26th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AShah

AShah New Member

Dear All,
    Few weeks back, I just bought a house. Just checked map now and see there is sewage network running outside property. Was wondering if it will create any issue for me in future? It is running exactly on front boundary of the property.
    Is there any restriction on how near to that pipe you cannot construct anything?

Sewage_Network.jpg

Regards,
    AShah

2. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

youre fine, it has to run somewhere.

unless this is inner city youre likely to be required to have a decent setback anyway which will take you far from the sewer

Excalibur1 and AShah like this.
  3. AShah

AShah New Member

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for your response. This is not inner city. It is in suberb. Did you look at the image?
    Does that mean I need to leave enough space inside boundary of my block?
    Thanks
    Regards,
    AShah

4. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

@AShah any setbacks in regards to the sewer will be either on the title search in the form of an easement or via the council LEP (or similar) these can vary from area to area and zoning to zoning. Mick

5. AShah

AShah New Member

Great man thanks
    So on my title search I did not see any easements. Does that mean I am completely safeguarded right? Sorry for stupid questions (if it sounds. :))

6. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

The title search will highlight any easements that are encumbered upon the title, if nothing you should be ok in that respect. There may be a layover which is what @sanj was getting at in the council LEP with distance from sewer plus also set back from front boundary. I would say in general the set back is going to be bigger than the clearance for sewer so I would say you would be ok. All good re questions we are all here to learn.

AShah likes this.