Seven properties before turning 30

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by larrylarry, 24th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. RedMarty

RedMarty Well-Known Member

He has to WALK from the plane to the Terminal?? Where is the courtesy car? Poor form.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Can probably only afford a 7 series beemer as well.

3. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Hi Jenny, yeah I enjoy reading your articles too. I do have a bit of a problem with a lot of articles that does seem to be causing a fair of bashing from people who does not understand the benefits of investors owning multiple homes, that negative gearing actually benefits young buyers and mums and dads more than investors etc. We need an article to promote the idea of investing or does the journalist only caters to Australia's fave past time, property investor bashing?

HUGH72, jaybean and WattleIdo like this.
  4. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

^^ I agree. We won't be leeching off the pension at the very least. How can there be anything wrong with trying to plan a comfortable retirement?

5. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

People will find reasons to whinge about anything, more so when they feel left out of the benefits.

Articles have tried to clear up misconceptions eg re neg gearing and how investors contribute positively to rental stock- doesn't work because
    A) theyre boring AF to read
    B) Folks are already invested in their initial opinions and outrage from first impressions of what they think they understand. Takes real humility to U-turn on a belief.

If you have a story to tell that could be useful food for thought or inspiration to others, have a chat to Jen. :)

Jennifer Duke likes this.
  6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Spot on, it's becoming a national pastime. Someone to blame for all their problems.

7. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether a link to the long running First World Problems thread would be appropriate, given these comments regarding "...property investors own too much property..." and the following upset from the usual suspects...

8. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Interesting perspective - I get accused from both ends of the spectrum. Either for "promoting speculative investing" or for "property investor bashing". Personally all I'm interested in is a good yarn. If there are property investors doing unusual/interesting things, I'm always up for telling their story and profiling them. But I tell the opposite side of the story and other peoples' opinions as well. I frequently write articles with opinions in them that I don't personally agree with (both pro- and anti-investing) with as little bias as possible. Just doing my job.

Last edited: 26th Apr, 2017
  9. Jack Chen

Jack Chen Well-Known Member

Hi Jennifer, I just PM'd you about sharing my story :)

10. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Just got it, thank you! Will be in touch :)