Seven Hills, QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Western335, 26th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Western335

Western335 New Member

Interested to get thoughts on Sevens Hills. Looking for a PPOR up to $1.6m and mainly been looking at Camp Hill/Norman Park. We need 4 beds, 2+ bathrooms and don’t want to do any work. Two young kids so also want a good local primary school.

Seen some v nice properties in Seven Hills that seem comparable to Camp hill/Norman park but don’t know much about the area.

Thanks in advance!

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

7 hills very nice. Bit hilly but that is Ok. Can't fault it really.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

4. Parkzilla

Parkzilla Well-Known Member

5. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Looks like they spent all the money on looks, but the way it's been executed is average. Joinery is cheap/poorly thought out in wir, zero collaboration between builder/sparky and refrigeration trade so instead of having downlights in line with ducted registers it's a free for all. Tiles don't line up where they could have.
    Factory finished engineered timber is terrible to repair onsite and usually is sub par to genuine polished timber.
    But hey, it's huge and shiny!

6. wylie

Can't say I'd even noticed the aircon and lighting. Not something I would try to line up, and I guess it depends on where it must drop from the upper to lower levels.

I know with our townhouse build, we had trouble dropping between floors, and ended up having to move from ducted to splits to make it work.

The access to watching kids in the pool from the outdoor sitting area couldn't be better. You are right there next to the pool. I'm not sure I get what you mean.

But it is big and shiny. :D;)

7. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Sorry I was looking at another place in HP that had a pool around the side at the same time. Edited that comment out. Pool in this one is good. It's similar access, just zero communication on plans when built. It's typical the truss will cut directly through the center of a powder room, making it impossible for a recessed fan/light/both to to center. I usually flag it as an issue before we run any cabling and it's down to the builder whether they move things around or leave it. Offset plumbing on baths is another really easy one to fix in framing stage and really expensive once tiled!

I guess I am anti new build given how many months I've spent in them watching minor issues become design flaws simply because no one cares enough. I like my hardwood houses too much!

8. wylie

I went to this auction today. Packed to the rafters and sold for $1.455m (Sydney buyer via phone with buyer agent attending the auction).

Parkzilla likes this.
  9. Parkzilla

Not bad for 377 sqm block. Camp Hill is certainly in demand. Anything on 607 sqm must be comfortably in the $1.5m - $1.8m bracket?

Sackie likes this.
  10. Parkzilla

reported as $1.55m?

Attached Files:

11. wylie

Definitely sold at $1.455m. I wonder why they’ve reported it like that?

12. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Hope it was a future PPOR - last thing we need is investors diving in en masse.

13. Parkzilla

I think realestate.com.au has a typo - missing a 4... Domain is reporting it as $1.455m

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes I think the price was somewhat trammelled by the size of land.

Parkzilla likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia