Setting up new business

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by swaters, 21st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. swaters

swaters Member

We are a small team of 4 people at the moment, it's a new company so I need a few resources to set up the company.

At the moment, looking for these:

- Setting up emails/Microsoft 365 (I already have the domain name)
    - Setting up a (cloud) database where all users can access and upload/download/sync files instantaneously - not sure what is this called

Ideally one IT company to manage all of the above for us. Anyone have any recommendations please?

While we're at it, any recommendations for someone to design logos/website/brand identity?

Thank you!

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

If you already have Office 365 sub, then you can use Onedrive.

The other option is using the Google suite with gmail and google drive.

The Y-man

geoffw likes this.
  3. The Y-man

Will PM you details of a web person we sued recently.

The Y-man

4. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Not sure that's a vote of confidence!

5. The Y-man

Bahahaha! Gotta leave that typo there! :D:D:D

The Y-man

Scott No Mates likes this.
  6. The Y-man

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'm probably i little more casual ... but a website usually comes with multiple emails, I've used Rapid Websites, and YMans guy, both recommended ... i use windows 365 ... Dropbox for shared document storage ... and The Logo Company for my logos

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I recall that their IT support wasn't the best - we had a glitch which caused the backup to self-delete, usually not too catastrophic except it was a weekend & a US holiday so support was non-existant for 3-4 days :eek:

We then moved to Google.

Lizzie likes this.
  9. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Dropbox have some options that recover deletions automagically. Or editing changes that can be rolled back, skipped...., think they call it rewind etc I have found their support excellent. Important to read the deletion rules carefully as user mistake can occur but once you make the right settings its all good. (Synch, selective synch etc) When you do and have the right plan its brilliant. Basically if its warns you about a deletion to stop and think. Then you get XX days to change your mind. to bring it back.

Compare All Dropbox Plans ‐ Dropbox compared features

I have 30 day deletion protection. Can extend it a year for extra $$$ but I have a physical hard drive synched as well as cloud. And a backup saved to cloud. Close to 4 TB. I dont trust hard drives after one died.

Google is pretty basic and I use it for the backup / restore only as its simple options dont cut it

Last edited: 22nd Feb, 2022

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.