Setting up alerts on realestate.com.au

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Beelzebub, 22nd Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Quick question.

Is there a way I can setup an alert that will send me an email when there is a new listing or sold property in a certain suburb? I can't figure out how to set this up?

2. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

You need to have an account on RE first so you have somewhere to save it. Accounts are free.

Once you have an account and logged in, set up a search , setting all the filters you want, i.e. price, rooms building type etc.

Run that search and then you have the option to save it by clicking on the star to the right of the results.

3. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

I used to have these, but kept getting sent alerts that weren't relevant. I have switched to using Google Alerts instead.

4. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Thanks, that little star was in an obvious place now that you have pointed it out. Still, is there no way to set up this alert for sold properties?

5. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

As others have stated you can set up alerts, for properties for sale, Sold you will still have to check regularly. If you are focused on one area and haven't got agents contacting you as soon as they get a new listing I'd check the agencies website/facebook on a daily basis as some properties go there first before getting uploaded to the major websites.

6. Brickbybrick

Brickbybrick Well-Known Member

I wonder why the Real Estate app will in most cases show the selling price after the auction whereas properties on the Domain App hardly ever do.

7. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Cost cuts at Fairfax?