ServiceSeeking - streamlined quotes

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Art Vandelay, 11th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Well-Known Member

Heard about ServiceSeeking today from a colleague who has used them a few times recently and had very good things to say.

Sounds like a great idea and very efficient way of getting multiple quotes fast.

http://www.serviceseeking.com.au/

Anyone here used it before?

2. bez23

bez23 Well-Known Member

It's like gumtree. I had a couple of good tradies and one horrendous experience. Concretor doing some shady job with crossover and invert.

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I've had good experience with finding tradies via service-seeking.

They tend to be more proactive, however you still need to chose carefully. Don't just go for lowest price.

Also be prepared for lots of follow-up calls from service-seeking website operators if you are slow in awarding a job - annoying!!'

4. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

I used some removalists from there after getting the run around and ridiculous $3000+ quotes to move from a 1 bed unit.

Very, very, very good and have recommended them to a number of friends as well.

https://www.serviceseeking.com.au/profile/30829-speedy-sydney-removalist

Just need to read the reviews and get everything in writing for any service from there, and be sure to check out insurances.

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I used HI pages for some work on an IP - was a good experience, got a few quotes/calls from local tradies quite quickly.

Cheers

Jamie

6. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

I prefer HI pages :)

7. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

i have..got some cheap plumbing a few times

ie 100$ to move kitchen taps from splashback to under sink...bargain, especially in canberra

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF