Serviceability for business

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Manic, 4th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Manic

Manic Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm looking to contract under an ABN and establish a trust that will pay to it's beneficiaries. Can brokers tell me how this will be viewed from a lender serviceability perspective? Will it be challenging to borrow as much and will it be limiting from a lender selection perspective?
    Thanks

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

I assume you are currently a PAYG IT contractor ?

many lenders will want 2 years of rtns and/or ABN, however these can be got away with 6 mths or rarely even less, depending ionthe continuity of work providers in your history.

As an aside, be mindful, that few lenders will allow bene distributions to be used unless those benes are on the loan and sometimes the title. Dist to spouse is usually fine. Dist to brother is NOT unless the brother is also on title.

Wont hurt you to get specific credit advice, its good u are thinking of this BEFORE.

ta
    rolf

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

As Rolf says, it's usually viewed as being self employed and 2 yrs financials required. Sometimes it can be shorter depending on the circumstances - for eg, if you're contracting to just one company, and you were previously employed there, we can sometimes get exceptions.

Bear in mind in LMI you have no hope for exceptions, so you'll need a good deposit if you're hoping to borrow before 2 years.