Margin Loans Servicability on Margin Loans - wholesale customers

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by Harry30, 2nd Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Harry30

Harry30 Well-Known Member

I note that CBA has 2 methods of applying for a margin loan. First, as a retail customer, in which a full servicability check is done. Or alternatively, you can apply as a wholesale cumstomer ($500k min facility). All that is required is an accountants letter. I think criteria from memory is $2.5m in net assets and/or >$250k in income per annum. Has anyone had experience applying as a wholesale customer. Assuming you meet criteria, appears a way of avoiding the extensive paperwork associated with a retail application, which can be cumbersome for those with complicated arrangements?

2. dave80

dave80 Well-Known Member

not sure on the extensive paperwork, i got a 250k limit and basically filled in a one pager with my name, address, income, desired limit and direct debit details.

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

typically, most margin lenders arent assessed that tough.

They are capitalising facilities at lowish LVRs -essentially asset lends with a kick

ta
    rolf

4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

What you're talking about falls under being a sophisticated investor - which generally relaxes the regulatory rules as you're seen to have a better understanding about what you're trying to achieve - so mum n' dad protections aren't necessary. In reality 99% of people will not qualify for the requirements and if you do, you'd likely service just fine under standard servicing policy.