Selling without agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by np999, 26th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. np999

np999 Well-Known Member

Saw an ad from buymyplace.com.au, and they claim there is no reason to pay 2% to the agent when you can sell your property for just $1000-2000.

I know when somethings sounds too good to be true there is usually a catch, what is it then?

A few things come to mind:
    - a good agent can help you present and market your property more effectively, potentially achieving a much higher price (say 10% more)
    - a good agent knows the market better so can help you price your property more appropriately in the current market environment to ensure it sells in your desired time frame.

Anything else? and what are your take on this website?

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

A good agent has a database of people that are interested in buying in your area
    A good agent has negotiation skills to get the best price
    A good agent may network with other agents to secure a sale
    A good agent has access to the admin side of selling such as contracts, trust accounts for deposits etc

Overall I am happy to pay the 2%

The only time I would be tempted is if the area is booming and there would be people lining up at your door anyway and it doesn't need "selling"

3. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I sold my place on forsalebyowner and there was no catch. But I knew what it was worth and am comfortable with selling. I do believe that an agent would have got a higher price but not as much as the commission would have been.

KayTea likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia