Selling with no agent what fees will I occur

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by the world is your oyster, 17th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

hi there I might have a buyer for my property befoure I have to advertise it for sale with the agent I will save around $5500 agent fees and around $1000 for pics and advertising etc

Does anyone know how I get the section 32 done in vic and the approx costs for that ? And is that my responseabilty to pay for ?

I have told the new buyer I will sell for $10,000 below my price I want as I feel the market is pretty bad atm anyway and its around 150 days on averege to sell so the $6,500 saved on agents fees and $3,000 on interest if it takes that long we both get a good deal I believe

2. Gingin

Gingin Well-Known Member

Go to a solicitor / conveyancer and get a contract of sale. Fill it in with the specifics, get your mate to sign. Job done.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

You will need a solicitor as I reckon the deposit will have to be paid into a trust account. Solicitor should handle everything.
    Marg

4. Trevor Skinner

Trevor Skinner Member

Hi, for a house sale we charge $795 (inc gst) plus disbursement's. Disbursements for a house come in between $180-$190. This fee includes all documentation for a sale and attendance at settlement.

One thing you will have to give some thought to is where is the deposit going to be held? If there were an agent involved it would usually be held in his/her trust account. It can be held by your solicitor/conveyance if they have a trust account, we have a trust account.

5. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

Hi does this include doing a section 32 ?