Selling land as Home and Land package

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by noah35, 11th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. noah35

noah35 Member

Hi all,

I've got a vacant hammerhead block I'd like to sell. Been reading around here that the best way to do this would be through a House and Land package. I've received some help and contacted a building company to do this for me. They have come back with an agency agreement form that will enable them to advertise my block with a floor plan that they will design. Costs involved are:
    • Statutory searches (which I believe are only payable upon sale of the land):
      • Statutory & Council Searches -> $350
      • Form 1 Service preparation and certification -> $330
    • Fixed Admin fee -> $275
    • No advertisement costs
    Just curious if there is anything I should look out for? And what you guys think about this approach of selling my land? Would love to hear your feedback. Much appreciated.

Thank you!

2. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Where is it ? Can also build yourself and sell once built...

3. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Seems a bit but rich being asked for those costs. I’d contact another’s builder and get another opinion.

I’d also get in touch with a couple of estate agents and get their opinion. Many will have relationships with builders and they can sort out marketing the place with plans.

It’s inportnant to remember this is just marketing. You’re not actually selling the build. The buyer is under no obligation to build, it’s just going to help you attract buyers who may not have done the work on construction costs.