Selling IP with tenant Victoria

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lily Beach, 25th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lily Beach

Lily Beach Active Member

I have a studio apartment in Northcote that I have been considering selling. I have just rented to a tenant on a 6 month lease who is a demanding control freak, which has prompted me to move on listing it. I didn't mention potential sale when he signed up. I have read that I need to wait 3 months prior to listing or otherwise there are penalties (? - if he walks away I'd be really happy!) and/or what other penalties might I face? I also read somewhere that he is legally bound to allow buyer-inspections, obviously with appropriate notice. Is this correct? Also, is there any obligation for him to have the place in a reasonable state of tidiness / cleanliness?

2. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

hi @Lily Beach, welcome to PC.

do you have a PM managing your IP? the PM shout be able to give advice on most of your questions.

do you really need to sell the IP? or you had enough with the tenant that you want to get rid of the IP?

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF