Selling in February Vs March... is it better when there is less stock?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by bondibch, 20th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bondibch

bondibch Member

My family is selling a property in 2017, we were thinking around March/April. I don't have any experience as a vendor, never had to pick the right time to sell or an agent.

It's on quite a large block and there isn't a lot of comparable stock in the suburb. It's a "hot" suburb and its in one of the best residential streets in said suburb.

I've started courting agents, and one that I have a good rapport with, said we should sell in February before the March madness. He said we'd get a better price when there are less listings. He hasn't come round to appraise the property yet. But I did point out to him that the house will stand out because it is federation on a large block and has the potential to be quite grand. It just needs some work and a little love.

What do you think about the best time to sell in Sydney?

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

In February you'll have lots of demand from buyers unable to buy in December and January. You'll also have less competition from other sellers who plan to list in March.

bondibch likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia