Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Selling Houses Australia - Old Linton, Yass

Discussion in 'General Property Chat' started by Davothegreat, 20th Apr, 2016.

1. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

Anyone see tonight's episode of Selling Houses Australia with the Old Linton house in Yass? What a stunning property! 40 something rooms from 1850s to Federation era. Stunning, just stunning. I wish I could buy it.

2. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Yeah. Great house but $4M in the regions is a bit much. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. Not sure if they will get the income stream to support a big buy and reno.

3. DaveM

DaveM Adelaide Buyers Agent & KFC Strategist Business Member

4. Rich W

Rich W Well-Known Member

The show is still good but a bit commercialized now. I wonder how much the owner actually has to pay for the renos? When they say it'll cost $30k to fix, is that before or after all of the commercial arrangements?

5. melwph

melwph New Member

Cannot at all understand the choice of the modern taps in a period style bathroom when there are so many quality reproduction taps available everywhere. We even got ours from Harvey Normanā€¦brand Zuchettiā€¦but this type is common and would have suited the period features better. Here's a photo to show what I mean. I'm sure they don't have much of a choice, having to choose from a narrow selection available from the advertisers. Which is a pity. Hopefully the astout buyers will rip these out. IMG_5947.JPG