Selling house urgently - Crestmead - Advice please...

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Balance_2020, 22nd Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Will need to consider carefully. Thank you all.

2. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

I have decided to hire an independent Building & Pest Inspector as per your suggestions.

Any recommendations who to hire?

How do I know if they're independent from the PM so that the PM doesn't have any influence over them and to ensure whatever the result is are kept private only for me and not the PM? Thank you again for your help.

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

If you are that paranoid, get a friend or hire someone to go with the inspector.

4. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

I don't know anyone in QLD. I'm really after recommendations of good, independent B&P inspectors in the Logan area. thank you

5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I've used Twinspectors for maybe 8 years now. I recommend them.

Stoffo likes this.
  6. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Thank you very much Jaybean. Will give them a call.

Does anyone have a couple more recommendations?

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

One recommendation off here should be fine.

wylie likes this.
  8. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

@Balance_2020 My sympathies for the stress you are under, I empathise with many of your problems.

Please keep this thread updated. As you may have noticed, there are many genuine and good-willed folks who will do their best to assist and have no vested interests.

9. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Definitely, I appreciate the collective support and wisdom from here. I value your different points of view from your experiences. Thank you, will keep you updated and try calling Twinspectors. Many thanks :)

Propin likes this.
  10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Hi, I’m just going through exactly the same thing so I feel your pain!
    Definitely get the report and lots of clear photos. I’ve sold my property for less than a valuation I had done 3.5yrs ago subject to some conditions. I’ve only just seen all the damage the tenants have done apart from all the many thousands of repairs I’ve had over the past 2 years. My PM is saying most is wear and tear which I’ve been disputing. Tenants are denying causing any damage and are saying if I proceed to try and claim any expenses they will make a QCAT application. (Which I’m not entirely sure what that means). I have reports showing it wasn’t damaged previously.

11. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Yes Propin, will book in the B&P and get clear pictures. So sorry to hear your IP experience has been difficult as well. Such expensive lessons to learn.
    Maybe other people on here have advice for you about the tenancy damage issue?

Propin likes this.
  12. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

My property was about ten minute drive from your property. I would consider getting a new PM. Tom Rivera on this forum has helped me with an issue which I didn't agree with that my current PM had advised. If my sale doesn't go through I will definitely give his agency a go!! 2.25% plus gst is a mates rate for selling. 2.6% plus gst is another quote I got. Plus advertising $1500. I'm happy with my conveyancer so far. It's well under $1000. See how it goes.

bread_boy likes this.
  13. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Just call Twinspectors. I'm a BA, and I've used them. Must have used them at least a dozen times

14. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Thank you for the information. Yes trying to book an inspection in with Twinspectors.

15. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Make sure you are very clear about what you want out of the inspection. It's not a standard pre-purchase inspection you need but an analysis of the current "urgent" items and analysis of the rest of the house to see what maintenance might be required in the future, what would be considered issues in a normal pre-purchase inspection etc etc

Angel likes this.
  16. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Thank you for the tip.

17. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Dear Balance,
    I bought an old tenanted house in an interstate area I knew from childhood holidays.
    The 'first ' property manager 'let the tail wag the dog'
    It sounds to me like this is what is happening to you?
    Take charge!
    Get a couple of other property managers to have a look, ask their opinion, and use your business hat to decide what to do!
    p.s. I held it for 5 good years and sold when I chose to.
    You already took the first amazing step when you bought it!
    I hope this helps

Propin likes this.
  18. Balance_2020

Balance_2020 Member

Thank you SeafordSunshine :)

19. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Crestmead was also identified recently as an area now starting to show marked signs of gentrification with oo recently starting to buy out investors and a change of occupation starting to flow through...dyor research but something to consider

virhlpool and Propin like this.
  20. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

How much is owing on your property? 80% loan?

Since you have already engaged a b+p see how it goes

Would also recommend considering changing PMs

If you are selling don't expect it to be anything like Sydney markets. Logan is a buyer's market and there aren't many buyers (many renters hence yield is high). If the b+p comes out not that great maybe auction it out. Hopefully you would get enough to pay out the mortgage but a lot better than causing stress on yourself and you'd rather do it yourself than let the banks do it (if it ever gets that bad). 50k lost on property is nothing comparative to detriment on health etc

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.