Selfwealth Vs Superhero Vs Alternatives

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by Big A, 11th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

Haven't had any login problems but they did release a new app near the start of August. Are you guys using the new App? Hope all is well now. The new UI looks like this, can't say I'm a fan but hopefully it will improve iteratively.
    swui.jpg

2. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

LIDM, number 5 and APINDEX like this.
  3. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The link works for me.

What they are saying is that if you transfer money into your account using BSB and account number, the funds are available instantly - before this, it took three days. BPay transaction times haven't changed.

5. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. It will be game changer for selfwealth.

LIDM and geoffw like this.
  6. Cheern

Cheern Well-Known Member

@SelfWealth

I am trying to set up an account with Selfawealth. Applied online, Waited 5 business days to hear back by email telling me there would be another 5 BDs for the account to be activated! Feels like living in 20th century!:eek:

rizzle likes this.
  7. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Took 3 days with Opentrader, got my chess # as well.

Cheern likes this.
  8. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

ASXGJ1, rizzle and number 5 like this.
  9. number 5

number 5 Well-Known Member

awesome. hopefully SW reacts to this and I wont have to do anything.

ASXGJ1 likes this.
  10. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Online trading platform Stake to offer $3 flat-fee brokerage

Online trading platform Stake will unleash $3 flat-fee brokerage on transactions for ASX-listed securities,
    Stake opens its waitlist for access to the Australian equities offer to the public on Monday. Some Stake staff and stakeholders are already trading local shares via the platform, and the functionality will be rolled out progressively to customers over coming months.

It is understood competitor platforms SelfWealth and Pearler have until now offered the cheapest rates in the market for CHESS-sponsored, Australian-listed stocks and investment funds, both charging $9.50 a trade. The large bank-owned brokers often charge $20 a trade or more

We know how important the CHESS model is to Australian investors. They want to trade on their own HIN,” he said. “We have found a way to make this work while still being able to deliver fantastic affordability.”

Havn't look into stake but this is an interesting development.

I wonder what the catch is.... (e.g selling order flow aka robinhood in the USA).

Anne11 likes this.
  11. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

number 5 and ChrisP73 like this.
  12. number 5

number 5 Well-Known Member

@rizzle Done. I really cbf moving but hopefully this kicks the others into gear.

Redwing, rizzle and ChrisP73 like this.
  13. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

this is really good news..... $3 per trade... but does anyone know what would be the order size for that brokerage? like $3 for any value or $3 for $5000?

14. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

I see you didn't read the first 10 words of the linked article :D

"Online trading platform Stake will unleash $3 flat-fee brokerage on transactions for ASX-listed securities"

ASXGJ1 and number 5 like this.
  15. LIDM

LIDM Well-Known Member

@SelfWealth team must be having some pretty interesting meetings right now :D

ASXGJ1, rizzle and number 5 like this.
  16. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

Best way @SelfWealth can survive moving forward is to provide alternative to sharesight as currently there isn't any other better or equivalent provider competing with sharesight. Currently one can download yearly transaction report from selfwealth but that's not good enough or helpful for tax purposes.

I will be moving to stake once $3 trading starts.... !

I will expect big slump in selfwealth stock price once stake goes live for everyone in few months... IMO.

LIDM likes this.
  17. Hockey Monkey

Hockey Monkey Well-Known Member

Redwing likes this.
  18. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

I know about Navex which is trying to provide alternative to sharesight as most features are same as sharesight but they are new so have teething issue.

I checked simple invest 360 but they seems more like a cloud software for accounting firms. They do have in investor version for $400... ! which is too much upfront without trying similar to what we can do with sharesight..... ! I might end up going with sharesight with $280 package if I save more on brokerage from stake... !

19. ASXGJ1

ASXGJ1 Well-Known Member

20. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

So $2 US ;)

Gotta love healthy competition, hopefully, others respond by lowering brokerage

Stake (backed by Tiger Global) operates in U.S. dollars and then charges 0.7% on fund transfers between Australian and U.S. dollars. The brokerage for Australian-listed stocks will be powered by Finclear, a broker-dealer 16 percent owned by Magellan Financial Group.

Stake’s also has $0 brokerage on more than 6000 US stocks and ETFs

Apparently, those who get early access via the Beta in October will also be rewarded with $0 brokerage on ASX trading until the end of the year

Superhero in July added zero-brokerage US equities trading functionality in direct competition with Stake. Superhero charges $5 a trade and zero brokerage on exchange-traded funds.

[​IMG]

Anne11 likes this.