Selfwealth Brokerage Invoicing

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by tkztbuua, 14th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tkztbuua

tkztbuua New Member

I have started trading recently with SelfWealth but I noticed an issue. Their contract note for a given trade says brokerage is $0.00

SelfWealth invoice you separately for the brokerage but there is nothing linking the brokerage invoice (Brokerage $9.50) to the contract note (which states brokerage $0.00)

What's worse is the contract note states the brokerage is $0.00. I am worried ATO will not like this when I claim brokerage as part of the CGT. What does everyone else think?

2. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

Did they change the system recently? When my partner first bought shares in May this year, she had to pre-purchase trade tokens (brokerage). But when buying a parcel last week, the brokerage was added on to the trade, just like (all?) other platforms,

If you go to Login to your Account - SelfWealth you can see the individual transactions for brokerage listed there. Doesn't matter if it was the older pre-paid option, or the in-line brokerage.
    There's a separate invoice for the brokerage found here Login to your Account - SelfWealth which will have the date which coincides with your trading invoice.
    Hope that helps.
    It's very confusing.